CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 through Entrance Test – Eligibility, Dates, Application and Selection Process
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 – Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (CSJMU) Kanpur invites online applications from the eligible candidates for admission to PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) Program for academic year 2022 through University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET) 2022
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022
- A minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years.
- CSJMU invites applications for Ph.D. in disciplines of Science & Engineering, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences and Management. Online applications are invited in Agricultural Economics; Agriculture Entomology; Agronomy; Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Botany; Business Management; Chemical Engineering; Chemistry; Commerce; Computer Application; Computer Science & Engineering; Defence & Strategic Studies; Drawing & Painting; Economics; Education; Education Training; Electronics & Communication Engineering; English Literature; Genetics & Plant Breeding; Geography; Hindi Literature; History; Home Science; Horticulture; Journalism & Mass Communication; Law; Lifelong Learning & Extension ; Life Science; Mathematics; Medical Biochemistry; Medical Laboratory Technology; Microbiology; Music; Pharmacy; Physical Education; Physical Education/Yoga; Physics; Physiotherapy; Philosophy; Plant Pathology; Political Science; Psychology; Sanskrit; Sociology; Soil Conservation; Soil Science; Statistics; Urdu; Zoology.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Application opening : 10th March 2022
- Last date of application : 25th April 2022
- Downloading of admit card : 27th April 2022
- Examination Date : 02nd May 2022
- Uploading of answer keys : 02nd May 2022
- Grievance’s redressal Till : 05th May 2022 5:00PM
- Revised key and final result : 10th May 2022
- Commencement of interviews : 17th to 31st May 2022
- Declaration of final results : 11th June 2022
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should have Master’s degree or a professional degree (M.Tech./LL.M./M.D./M.S. degree) in the concerned or allied subjects (as mentioned in information brochure) provided that a candidate holding a Master’s degree in an allied subject may also be considered for admission to Ph.D. degree by the research degree committee (RDC), declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled candidates.
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility to appear for the CSJMU-ET 2022. The organizing institution will not verify your eligibility. Your eligibility will be verified at the time of counselling with original testimonials/documents.
Exemptions from the Entrance Test:
- The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. Program:
- International students (including NRIs) which shall be subject to the general rules framed by the Government of India from time to time and as applicable to the University with regards to the admission, fees etc.
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship/scholarship/associateship etc. from UGC(JRF) / CSIR(JRF) / GATE-MHRD Scholarship / Teacher Fellowship / DBT/ ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE fellowship, DSTWoS or equivalent national level fellowship (as identified by RDC).
- Serving Army, Navy and Air-force Officers of at least Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 years of service applying for Ph.D. degree in concerned or relevant disciplines.
No Exemption from Entrance Test
- Permanent Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors having appointment on regular posts in the teaching departments of the University or a government college / government aided college affiliated / associated to the University who have completed their
- probation successfully would be required to appear in the entrance examination. Weightage of 10% would be given for these candidates.
- Full time teachers of the self-financed courses run by the University/affiliated colleges on long term contract with at least three years of teaching experience in the university/college would be required to appear in the entrance examination. Weightage of 10% would be given for these candidates.
- GATE, NET, SLET qualified candidates would be required to appear in the entrance examination. Weightage of 10% would be given for these candidates.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- The Ph.D. Application form has to be filled Online for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- Detailed instructions, syllabi and other Ph.D. Entrance 2022 related information is available on the link “Online application for admission to Ph.D. Degree Program 2022” at University website www.kanpuruniversity.org.
- For Unreserved and OBC category : Rs. 2500/- (for each subject)
- For SC/ST category and PwD subcategory : Rs. 1500/- (for each subject)
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test named as “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for Ph.D. admission.
- The shortlisted candidates eligible for interviews will be informed through the website of the university.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website