CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 for August Session
CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh PhD Admission 2023 – Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH), Chandigarh invites application for admission to PhD Program for August 2023 Session
Candidates can apply online till April 10, 2023. Read further for more details on CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh PhD Admissions 2023.
CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh PhD Admission 2023
- CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH), invites exceptionally motivated candidates for pursuing doctoral research at CSIR-IMTECH under the aegis of PhD program being jointly run by CSIR-IMTECH and Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi.
- CSIR-IMTECH is a multidisciplinary institute with state of the art research facilities, and faculty with research interests in frontier areas of modern microbiology (please visit our website http://www.imtech.res.in for information on different areas and faculty activities). Openings are likely to be available in the following areas:
- Molecular Microbiology,
- Microbial Genetics & Epigenetics,
- Microbial Genomics,
- Host-Microbe Interaction,
- Pathogen Biology,
- Cellular Trafficking,
- Microbial Cell Biology,
- Structural Biology,
- Drug Designing and Development,
- Industrial & Environmental Microbiology,
- Genetic Engineering,
- Microbial Diversity & Ecology,
- Bioinformatics & Big Data Analytics,
- Biochemical Engineering and Medicinal Chemistry
- The last date for submitting the application: 10th April 2023
- Candidates with Master’s Degree (M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm) with minimum aggregate of 55% marks or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Science or Technology OR B. Tech/ B.E. (in Information Technology/ Computer Sciences/ Biological Sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology) OR B. Pharm. OR MBBS candidates with at least 55 % marks (or equivalent in CGPA) may apply. The minimum aggregate of marks in case of SC/ST/Differently-abled candidates are 50% (or equivalent in CGPA).
- Candidates having any of the valid and tenable fellowship from CSIR-UGC NET/DBT-JRF examination (‘A’ Category only)/DST-INSPIRE Fellowship/ICMR-JRF examination or equivalent fellowship are eligible to apply. B.Tech/B.E./B.Pharm students with valid GATE score or qualified GPAT must fulfill the eligibility conditions of CSIR’s JRF-GATE fellowship (https://csirhrdg.res.in/Home/Index/1/Default/2774/58).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship/Assistant Professor ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or Candidates selected for working only in ICMR Projects or Candidates having M.Sc/M.Tech/ M.Pharm with GATE/GPAT are NOT eligible.
- The application should be submitted online at https://acsir.res.in.
- The last date for submitting the application is April 10th, 2023.
- Any questions pertaining to admission may be enquired at [email protected]
- The eligible candidates will be called for an interview either in person at CSIR-IMTech, Chandigarh or through online mode. The interview will be aimed at assessing the candidate’s knowledge, critical analysis, logical reasoning and aptitude for scientific research. The result of the selected candidates will be declared on AcSIR website. The fee for the PhD program is as per AcSIR fee structure.
- In case the interviews are in person at CSIR-IMTECH, Chandigarh, those appearing for the interview must be prepared to stay in Chandigarh for three days, which is the approximate time required to finalize the admission. No TA/DA or any other expenses will be paid for appearing in the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website