|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
CSIR Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) Palampur announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
CSIR IHBT Palampur PhD Admission 2023 – CSIR Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) Palampur HP invites applications for admission to PhD Program of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) for the academic session commencing in August 2023 Session
CSIR IHBT Palampur PhD Admission 2023
- Closing date of online admission portal (last date of submitting online applications): 10-04-2023
- Intimation to shortlisted applicants indicating the date of interview/test (except CSIR-CCMB & CSIR-IGIB): 11-04-2023
- Interview/Test (to be held by the AcSIR Academic Centres) at all Academic Centres except CSIR-CCMB & CSIR-IGIB: 18-04-2023 To 17-05-2023
- Last date for declaration of results of selected applicants on the on-line admission portal, for all Academic Centres except CSIR-CCMB & CSIR-IGIB, through AcSIR-HQ: 30-05-2023
- Last date for confirming the admission seat by selected applicants by payment of tuition fees through the AcSIR on-line SBI portal: 07-06-2023
- Ph.D (Sciences)*
- Ph.D (Engineering)*
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Science or equivalent are eligible to apply. The candidate should be having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.) or any other equivalent fellowship like INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
- Project Assistants, Senior Research Fellows, Group-IV Scientists and Group-III Technical Staff of CSIR are also eligible to apply (as per relevant AcSIR rules).
Sponsored PhD (Sciences)
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Science or equivalent are eligible to apply with endorsement from Industry, Academic or Research Institutes for required academic leave and financial support during the program.
- Applicants qualifying their degree in percentage shall use the formula, CGPA=(Percentage + 5) /10. Applicants with a percentage ≥ 95%, shall fill 10 CGPA in the Online Application Form.
PhD (Engineering) and Sponsored PhD (Engineering)
- (i) A Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology following a four-year engineering/technology or 4/5 year science degree; or an integrated minimum-5-year M Tech degree; or equivalent. AND
- (ii) At least one of the following
- (a) Awarded a national-level fellowship (such as NET JRF) tenable at CSIR institutes
- (b) Meeting all the conditions required for eligibility for the CSIR-SRF
- (c) Meeting all the conditions for award of the INSPIRE fellowship (typically awarded to students ranked first in the University)
- (d) Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for Project Assistants to register for a PhD
- (e) Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for industry-sponsored* students.
- Project Assistants, Senior Research Fellows, Group-IV Scientists and Group-III Technical Staff of CSIR are also eligible to apply (as per relevant AcSIR rules)
- Candidates are requested to visit the website http://acsir.res.in
- Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online at http://acsir.res.in on or before 10th April 2023.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website