Christ University Bangalore announces Admission to PhD Program for 2021 session
Christ University PhD Admission 2021 – Christ University, Bangalore invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Engineering, and Law through the Entrance Exam for the academic session 2021
Read on for more details on Christ University PhD Admission 2021.
The University is offering Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Courses in the following disciplines:
- Media Studies
- Social Work
- Computer Science
- International Studies
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering
Christ University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Date of Interview and Skill Assessment
14th March 2021
Candidates who are selected after the selection process, The last date of payment of fee
31st March 2021
Commencement of PhD (Orientation Programme)
10th to 15th April 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Christ University PhD Admission 2021
- The minimum eligibility of candidates intending to pursue a doctoral program is a pass with a minimum of 55% in a postgraduate programme.
- However, as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016 (#5.1), those who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE / Teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme shall be exempted from the Entrance Examination and take only a Research Skill Assessment Test along with their Personal Interview.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ Teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme may apply for PhD programme online, and send the Research Proposal and CV to email@example.com any time of the year.
Christ University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested Candidates can apply online through the official Website https://christuniversity.in/
- The application should be submitted in the prescribed format; those who wish to be exempted from the M.Phil qualification are required to send along the relevant documents of research experience. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Applications are available in the ‘Online’ format only on the website. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form, and relevant information are available in the University website
- Selection for PhD comprises Entrance Exam, Research Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
- CHRIST grants fellowship of Rs 8000/- per month as PhD fellowship to all full-time PhD Scholars.
- Conditions for awarding the fellowship are:
- Full-time research with the physical presence in the campus or the designated research labs at least during the working hours of the university.
- Scholars should not be a salaried employee.
- Scholar should not be an Industry or Institution sponsored candidate.
- Scholars should not be drawing any other scholarship or research funding.
- Annual Fee of the PhD research is Rs. 60000/- irrespective of the discipline.
- All the full-time research scholars shall be provided Rs. 30000/- as scholarship for each of the first three years on the annual fee
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website