Christ University Bangalore announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
Christ University Bangalore PhD Admission 2019 – Applications are invited by Christ University, Bangalore for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme for the session 2019-20.
- CHRIST (Deemed to be University) offers PhD in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Law both in full time and part time mode.
PhD Programs Disciplines
- The University is offering Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Courses in the following disciplines:
- Management, Commerce, Tourism, Economics, Education, English, Media Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Law, International Studies, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering
See: PHD Admissions
- The minimum eligibility of candidates intending to pursue a doctoral programme is a pass with a minimum of 55% in a postgraduate programme.
- The selection process for PhD comprises of Entrance Examination, Research Skill Assessment and Personal Interview. *However, as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016 (#5.1), those who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme shall be exempted from the Entrance Examination and take only a Research Skill Assessment Test along with their Personal Interview.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme may apply for PhD programme online, and send the Research Proposal and CV to email@example.com any time of the year.
Eligibility (For exemption only)
- Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks
- The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of specified duration of not less than 2 years
- Candidates who are doing such research project must have completed at least one year of such research
- The research project done / being done must be in the faculty area of the PhD Course applied for. Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research
- **Candidates seeking admission to PhD in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post-qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview conducted by the university
- Under certain conditions such as presence of high impact publications students with high academic performance at the postgraduate level, may be admitted directly to a PhD program
- Applications are available in the online format on our website www.christuniversity.in Direct Mode from Office of Admission, Christ University, Central Block, Hosur Road, Bengaluru-560029
- Applications are available in the ‘Online’ format only on our website. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form
- The application should be submitted in the prescribed format; those who wish to be exempted from the M.Phil qualification are required to send along the relevant documents of research experience. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form
- Admission Registration Fee is Rs.5000/-
- For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website www.christuniversity.in
- CHRIST grants fellowship of Rs 8000/- per month as PhD fellowship to all full-time PhD Scholars. Conditions for awarding the fellowship are:
- Full-time research with the physical presence in the campus or the designated research labs at least during the working hours of the university.
- Scholar should not be a salaried employee.
- Scholar should not be an Industry or Institution sponsored candidate.
- Scholar should not be drawing any other scholarship or research funding.
- Annual Fee of the full-time research scholars is Rs. 30000/- irrespective of the discipline (for the first three years from the registration).
- Annual Fee of part-time research scholars is Rs. 60000/- irrespective of the discipline.
- Announcement and Issue of PhD Application Forms: 11th July 2019
- Last Date of Issuing Application Form: 27th November 2019
- Online Applications are open Entrance Test on 07th December 2019
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India