Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) announces Admission to BSc, MSc and PhD Program for session 2024, Apply now
Chennai Mathematical Institute Admission 2024 – Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) has released the notification for Entrance Exam 2024 for admission to the various B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD Programs for the academic session 2024-25 through Entrance Test. Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. Founded in 1989 as part of the SPIC Science Foundation, it has been an autonomous institute since 1996. The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics. In addition to a vibrant PhD programme, the Institute conducts BSc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Chennai Mathematical Institute Admission 2024
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Application forms for 2024–2025 will be available after: 01st March 2024
- Further details will be announced by the end of February, 2024.
- Entrance exam for admission to all programmes will be held on: Sunday, 19th May, 2024 at 14:00
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in computer science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
- PhD in Mathematics : B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- PhD in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- PhD in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
- Candidates can apply online or request for a printed application form, either by post or in person.
- For all programmes other than Ph.D. Physics, applicants will have to take an entrance examination. The entrance examinations for 2024-25 will take place on 19 May, 2024 at centres across the country.
- Application form for all programs is available at https://www.cmi.ac.in/admissions/ and Click on the appropriate link
- B.Sc Programs : Rs 750/-
- MSc/PhD Programs : Rs 750/- or Rs 900/-, depending on the combination of programmes that you apply
- For all programs other than PhD Physics, applicants will have to take an entrance examination.
- Selection for all PhD programs will involve an interview at Chennai for shortlisted candidates. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. The Committee may call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their prior academic record.
- For PhD Physics, candidates should write the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate CMI entrance examination for PhD Physics.
- The list of cities for the 2024 entrance examination will be announced shortly. The 2023 exams were held at the following locations.
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Durgapur, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Paschim Medinipur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Tiruchi, Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website