Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) announces Admission to PhD Program 2022-23, Apply now
Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University PhD Admission 2022 – Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind has invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission to PhD Programs through Entrance Test for the Academic Session 2022-23
Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University PhD Admission 2022
PhD Programs Offered
- Computer Science and Applications
- Physical Education
No. of Vacancies
- Management – 06
- Computer Science and Applications – 06
- Physics – 01
- Physical Education – 17
- Economics – 03
- Opening Date for Application Form: 31 October 2022
- Last date for application: 15 November 2022 (up to 5:00 p.m.)
- Date of Entrance Tests: 17 November 2022
- Interview Dates: 21 November 2022
- Display of 1st merit list: 22 November 2022
- Document verification and Fee deposition: 23 November 2022 (up to 3:00 p.m.)
- Display of 2nd Merit List (If seat remain vacant): 24 November 2022
- Document verification and Fee deposition: 25 November 2022 (up to 3:00 p.m.)
- Commencement of classes for Ph.D. Coursework: 28 November 2022
Schedule of Entrance Tests
- 17th November 2022 – Paper-I: Research Methodology [10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.]
- 17th November 2022 – Paper-II: Subject-specific for Economics, Physics, Computer Science & Applications and Physical Education [12:00 noon-1:00 p.m.]
- 17th November 2022 – Paper-II Subject-specific for Management [2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.]
Date of Interview
- 21st November 2022 – Management [10:00 a.m.]
- 21st November 2022 – Computer Science [10:00 a.m.]
- 21st November 2022 – Economics [10:00 a.m.]
- 21st November 2022 – Physics – 10:00 [a.m.]
- 21st November 2022 – Physical Education [10:00 a.m.]
Eligibility Criteria for Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University PhD Admission 2022
- A candidate who wishes to be accepted as a candidate for PhD program must satisfy the following academic criteria:
- A Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in the aggregate, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC’s 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed), or an equivalent degree.
- The candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work, with at least 55% marks in the
- aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC’s 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/BC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates.
- Candidates appearing for their final year pg graduation examination are also eligible to apply.
- The Application Form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the University Website i.e. www.crsu.ac.in.
- Application Form is to be submitted to the concerned Chairperson latest by 15th November 2022 (upto 5.00 pm).
- The self-attested copies of certificates/testimonials of all the examinations passed by the candidate including certificates for claiming weightage as per the Ph.D. Ordinance, and latest Character Certificate should be attached with the application form.
- The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus carefully before filling the Application Form. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
- For General Category candidates – Rs. 1,000/-
- For S.C./B.C candidates of Haryana only – Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment
- All the candidates will be required to deposit processing charges either depositing cash in Punjab National Bank, CRSU Jind or in the form of Bank Draft from any Nationalized Bank. Draft shall be drawn in favour of Registrar, CRSU, Jind.
- The University shall make admissions to PhD program through an Entrance Test of 100 marks and interview.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
Exemption From Entrance Test
- The following candidates are exempted from PhD entrance test
- The candidates who have qualified JRF/NET conducted by UGC/CSIR or GATE or any other similar examination/ SLET (Haryana State) as the case may be.
- Candidates who are awarded the fellowship by the DST (INSPIRE), ICMR, ICSSR or any other equivalent national level fellowship or teacher fellowship holders.
- Candidates who have passed Ph. D. course work from any Government University/Institution or M.Phil. (through regular mode only).
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website