CEPT University announce Admission to MPhil and PhD Program for Monsoon Semester 2020
MPhil and PhD Programs at CEPT University
- CEPT University offers MPhil/ PhD programs with the objective of developing and promoting research in the areas of architectural/planning practice and theory, urban studies and habitat design.
The MPhil/ PhD programs will help researchers to:
- broaden their perspective
- develop skills and methods of data gathering
- work with multidisciplinary frameworks
- learn academic writing and publishing
- understand the structures and practice of research
Course offered/ Seats
- MPhil/PhD in Architecture – 10 in each Faculty
- MPhil/PhD in Planning – 10 in each Faculty
Also See : Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for CEPT University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2020
For MPhil/PhD in Architecture
- A professional masters (or equivalent) degree in Architecture, Architectural Design, Conservation, History & Theory, or Landscape Architecture is required.
- Master’s degree in social sciences (sociology, anthropology, economics, environmental studies, history), art history or civil engineering, is also acceptable. In such cases, an applicant may be advised to undergo a one-year bridge course.
For MPhil/PhD in Planning
- A professional masters (or equivalent) degree in fields related to Planning (Infrastructure, Housing, Transport or any other planning programs) or in Urban Design or Urban Management is required.
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Geography/ Sociology/ Economics/ GIS/Geomatics/ Environmental Science /Climate Studies/ Social Work/ Development Studies/ Policy Studies/ Political Science, is also acceptable. In this case, a student will be required to do a one year bridge course.
Fees & Scholarship
- CEPT University offers financial assistance in the form of partial/full tuition fee waiver to the deserving candidates, decided through a due procedure, and based on need-cum-performance-based criteria. Fees for PhD and MPhil Programs is Rs 3,80,000 per year for the batch of 2019. All the admitted students will be offered partial tuition fee waiver (50%), hence, the fees payable will be Rs 1,90,000 per year.
- The PhD students, on successful completion of coursework and advancing to research work phase, will be given 75% waiver and they shall pay Rs 95,000 per year till the submission of dissertation.
CEPT University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Go to the CEPT website https://cept.ac.in/
- Click on the Admissions 2020. This will open a page with all the programs offered at CEPT University. Click on the program you wish to apply.
- Please register yourself before you go ahead.
- Register with your email id and set a new password for this portal.
- Remember the registered email id and the password set by you for future use.
- Your registered email id with us in the portal will be used for any future communication from CEPT University.
- Application fee for the application by an applicant will be Rs. 1500 / – (inclusive of taxes).
CEPT University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Last date for receiving complete application form with reference letters||16th March 2020|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||30th March 2020|
|Personal interviews||16th 17th April 2020|
|Announcement of admitted candidates||22nd April 2020|
|Monsoon semester 2019 begins||27th July 2020|
For more details visit – https://admissions.cept.ac.in/doctoral