Centre for Brain Research (CBR) announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2021
Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2021 – Centre for Brain Research (CBR) an autonomous centre of Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore invites applications from eligible and highly motivated applicants for admission to the full-time PhD Program for the academic session beginning on 01st August, 2021.
Read further for more details on the Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2021.
About PhD Program
- CBR is a recognized research centre for the PhD program by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka. The PhD degree will be awarded by MAHE.
- CBR promotes interdisciplinary research in basic and clinical neuroscience to understand disorders of the aging brain through advanced genetic, biochemical, neuroimaging, and neurocognitive areas. These studies involve integrated approaches to understand age-related brain disorders at various levels from molecules to behavior using multiple model systems. CBR has state of the art Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), GWAS, and imaging facilities to support this research.
Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Ph.D Online Application Commence On :- 31st May 2021
- Last Date To Apply :- 14th June 2021
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates :- 28th June 2021
- Interview dates (Online) :- 05th July to 08th July 2021
- Full-Time Ph.D. Program beginning on :- 01st August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2021
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science or four-year bachelor’s degree in any branch of Medicine/ Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science.
- Preference would be given to those who have qualified national level fellowship tests, such as, CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/ UGC NET for JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D.).
- Candidates interested to work in the areas of neurobiology of disease, human genetics, bioinformatics and neuroimaging are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of their respective courses are also eligible to apply, provided they successfully complete the program before July 31, 2021.
Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.cbr.iisc.ac.in/
- Candidates should submit their applications online by 14th June 2021. The Online applications will be screened, and the shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview.
- Candidates will be selected for Ph.D. programs based on their academic record and performance in the interview process.
- Candidates with valid National fellowships will avail the fellowships from their respective agencies. But students who qualify the interview process and do not have national fellowships will be supported by CBR.
- For further detailed information on area of research, admission process and other information, please refer the webpage www.cbr.iisc.ac.in
- Selection will be based on Online Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website