Centre for Brain Research (CBR) announces Admission to Mid-year for Ph.D. Program 2023-23, Apply now
Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2023 – The Centre for Brain Research (CBR) invites applications from eligible and highly motivated Indian nationals for mid-year admission to its full-time PhD Program (beginning on 01 August 2023) to work in specific areas of research.
Centre for Brain Research PhD Admission 2023
About PhD Program
- CBR is a recognized research centre for the PhD program by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka. The PhD degree will be awarded by MAHE.
- CBR promotes interdisciplinary research in basic and clinical neuroscience to understand disorders of the aging brain through advanced genetic, biochemical, neuroimaging, and neurocognitive areas. These studies involve integrated approaches to understand age-related brain disorders at various levels from molecules to behavior using multiple model systems. CBR has state of the art Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), GWAS, and imaging facilities to support this research.
- Launch of online application: 24 April 2023,
- Application submission deadline: 15 May 2023
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates: 26 May 2023
- First round of interviews (online): Late May/early June 2023
- Final round of interviews (in-person): Week of 19 June 2023
- Commencement of Ph.D. program: 01 August 2023
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science or four-year bachelor’s degree in any branch of Medicine/ Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Science.
- Preference would be given to those who have qualified national level fellowship tests, such as, CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/ UGC NET for JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D.).
- Candidates interested to work in the areas of neurobiology of disease, human genetics, bioinformatics and neuroimaging are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of their respective courses are also eligible to apply, provided they successfully complete the program before July 31, 2023.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.cbr.iisc.ac.in/
- Candidates should submit their applications online by 25th November 2023. The Online applications will be screened, and the shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview.
- Candidates will be selected for PhD programs based on their academic record and performance in the interview process.
- Candidates with valid National fellowships will avail the fellowships from their respective agencies. But students who qualify the interview process and do not have national fellowships will be supported by CBR.
- For further detailed information on area of research, admission process and other information, please refer the webpage www.cbr.iisc.ac.in
- Selection will be based on Online Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website