University of Calcutta Admission to PhD Programme in Sociology 2019
Calcutta University PhD Sociology Admission 2019 – Applications are invited by University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in Sociology at the Department of Sociology for the session 2019-20.
See: Phd Admissions
- Last Date for Submission of Application Forms to the Department on 30th September 2019
No. of Seats
- 09 Seats [Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.]
- Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree in Sociology with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines.
- Candidates with NET/ SET/SLET/ M. Phil are exempted from appearing for the written test but need to appear for the interview.
- Syllabus for the Entrance Test: Written test will be conducted of 100 marks of 3 hours of duration. The questions for the admission test will be based on M.A syllabus of Sociology, University of Calcutta. The question paper will be descriptive type containing 4 (four) questions, out of which 2 questions are to be answered of 50 marks each.
- Qualifying marks for written entrance test – 50 % for general category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC/ Differently-abled category.
- Interview of 100 Marks: All the candidates who qualify in the written test and the candidates who are exempted from written test under the ‘Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Sociology Ph.D Regulation 2016’ of Calcutta University will have to appear for interview, subject to equivalence clearance from the Registrar’s office, wherever required.
- Date, time and venue of Written test and Interview would be communicated through the University of Calcutta website only.
- Venue for the Written Test & Interview: Department of Sociology, 5th floor, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Alipore, Kolkata-700027
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD Programme in Sociology, Department of Sociology, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-27
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed proforma www.caluniv.ac.in by paying Rs.100/- online SBI payment http://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect SB Collect – payment for miscellaneous fees – application for admission to PhD
- The list of successful candidates (written examination) will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department. Candidates will have to appear for an interview. The final selection for joining this programme will be made on the basis of the interview.
- For more details, please visit website www.caluniv.ac.in