Calcutta University announces Admission to PhD Program in French 2023
Calcutta University PhD Program in French Admission 2023 – Calcutta University invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for admission to PhD Program in French Program, Kolkata for the academic session 2023-24
Read the page below for more details on Calcutta University PhD Program in French Admission 2023
Number of Seats
- Intake Capacity – 05
- A relaxation of 59% marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled or other categories of candidates as per the norms of the UGC
- Last date of submission of Ph.D. Entrance Exam (RET) forms will be: 20th July 2023
- The names of shortlisted candidates will be advertised on the departmental notice board and notified to the email addresses of the candidates by July 28th 2023.
- Ph.D. Entrance Examination – written and viva voce – to be held on 31st July 2023
- Final selection list of candidates will be put up on the departmental notice board and notified by email to the candidates by 11h August 2023
- Commencement of the Ph.D. coursework (tentative): 16th August 2023
- M.A. in French from a recognised UGC recognised university with at least 559% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale, or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, recognised by an authority under a law in its home country
- As per Central/State Govt. rules and regulations
- Filled-in Application form, accompanied by a one-page (600-800 words) research proposal and copies of M.A. marksheet and certificate and NET/ISLET/SET/M. Phil (if applicable) will have to be submitted at the Department of French after paying a preseribed fee of INR 100.00 through SBI Collect (online), after having the payment challan signed by the H.O.D.
- Kindly contact the H.O.D. and take an appointment for submission/verification of documents at the address [email protected] at least one day prior to the last date of submission.
- Syllabus of RET Written Exam same as for the UGC NET examination in French.
- Marks and Pattern of the Written Paper: 100 marks; 2 hrs. duration; 4 out of 6 questions of 10 marks each (4 x 10-40); 30 MCQs of 2 marks each (30×2-60)
- Interview: 100 marks; 15 minutes; questions based on the UGC NET syllabus (30 marks); presentation of the research proposal in 10 mins (70 marks).
- Eligible candidates who have passed NET/SLET/SETIM Phil examinations are exempt from appearing at the written examination and may appear directly for the interview.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website