University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata announces admission to PhD Program in Economics 2024 through Entrance Exam (RET), Apply now
Calcutta University PhD in Economics Admission 2024 – University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in Economics for the academic session 2024 through Entrance Exam (RET).
Calcutta University PhD in Economics Admission 2024
- Notification for admission 13-11 -2023
- Last date of submission of application 24-11-2023
- RET Examination 29-11-2023
- Publication of result of RET 04-12-2023
- Submission of Statement of Purpose (SOP) 11-12-2023
- Interview 13-12-2023 and 14-12-2023
- Publication of list of selected candidates TBA
- Candidates having Master’s degree in Economics or equivalent with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale are eligible for apply for
- admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, may be applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled and other reserved categories as per the UGC norm.
- Application Form can be downloaded by using the link httus://·www.cah.miv.ac.in/achnission/CU RE'[ Fonn.pdf and submit the filled in Application Form online, self-attested copy of relevant mark sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee of 100/. (one hundred only) paid through State Bank Collect
- For online payment go to https:/lvPtVw.onlinesbi.com/sbicoHect/ then proceed then state (West
Bengal), type of corporate -educational institution-Calcutta University online paymentpayment for MISC fees-category- application for admission to Ph.D.
- Fill the remark box also write application for admission to Ph.D., ignore registration no.
- Take a print out of the payment receipt
- Submit the hard copy of your application form along with two copies of recent colored
passport size photograph, bank receipt and other relevant documents at the Office of the
Department of Economics, University of Calcutta, 56A, B.T. Road, Kolkata 700050 during 10
AM to 3 PM within the due date.
- Candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil (from any recognized university with 2-semester/ 1-year course work) or qualifying the research entrance test (RET) conducted by the Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- Candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil and final year M.Phil candidates in Economics (or related discipline like Development Studies, Foreign Policy Management, etc. with Masters degree in Economics) completing pre-submission seminar and viva-voce process by December 31, 2023 from any UGC recognized university and awaiting for final results are exempted from RET. They are eligible to appear directly in the interview.
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in Economics at the Master’s level from any UGC recognized university are eligible to appear m RET. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled and other reserved categories as per the UGC norm need to have at least 50% to sit in the written test.
- Candidates with NET/ SET/ M.Phil or any other equivalent examination recognized by UGC, or getting at least 50 % marks in RET are eligible for appearing viva for final selection.
- Final selection of candidates for enrolment in Ph.D. programme 2024 will be made purely on
the basis of performance in interview following the criteria mentioned in the University of
Calcutta(Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.), Regulations 2016
- The cut off qualifying marks for admission is 50% in interview.
RET Exam Pattern
- The RET is a written examination of two hours duration.
- The test contains35 multiple choice questions (MCQ) for 70 marks and one essay type question for 30 marks.
- Syllabus of the test covers Economic Theory (40 marks), Mathematical Economics and Econometrics (30 marks), Development Economics and Indian Economics (30 marks).
- Questions from Economic Theory, Mathematical Economics and Econometrics are MCQ, questions from Development Economics and Indian Economics are research based essay types.
For more details and apply please visit the official website