University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata announces Entrance Exam (RET) for Admission to PhD Program in Education for Session 2022
Calcutta University PhD in Education Admission – University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Education for the academic session 2022 through Entrance Exam (RET)
Read further for more details on Calcutta University PhD in Education Admission 2022
Calcutta University PhD in Education Admission Dates 2022
- Last date of submission of application: 28th February 2022
- List of eligible candidates for RET to be displayed: 11th March 2022
- Date of RET (Written Part) Exam: 13th March 2022
- Declaration of results of the successful candidates in the RET: 17th March 2022
- RET (Interview Part): 21st March 2022
- UGC/CSIR (JRF) exam, NET/SET/SLET/M. Phil, Teacher Fellow in Education: 23rd March 2022
Calcutta University PhD in Education Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Eligible candidates shall have Master’s Degree in Education/M.Ed with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B+ in the UGC 7 point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled candidates as per UGC guidelines
- Those candidates who have already passed UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exams NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil, Teacher Fellow in Education need not appear at the written exam and can directly apply to appear at the interview
Calcutta University PhD in Education Admission Application Process 2022
- Applications are invited for admission to Ph. D programme in Education, Department of Education, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata – 27. The proforma for application is available in the University Website www.caluniv.ac.in
- Application form duly filled in together with receipt of Rs. 100/- paid online through SBI Collect (https://www.onlinesbi.com) SB Collect – payment for miscellaneous fees – application for admission to Ph. D) are to be submitted to the following e-mail id: [email protected] within 28th February 2022
- Selection will be based on written examination & Interview.
Research Entrance Test (RET)
- A written test will be held for 50 marks with a duration of 1 hour in an online mode. The questions for the Entrance Test will be based on NET syllabus in Education, University of Calcutta.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test: 50% for general category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled category.
- Interview (viva) of 50 Marks: All the candidates who qualify in the Entrance Test/RET and the candidates who are exempted from the Entrance Test under the Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy PhD
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website