Calcutta University announces Admission to PG Courses (MA/ M.Sc) Admission 2019
Calcutta University PG Course Admission 2019 – Calcutta University invites applications from interested candidates for admission into M.A/ M.Sc course for the year 2019.
Calcutta University PG Course Admission 2019 Important Dates:
- Submission of online application and online payment of application fees commences on: 20th June 2019
- Last date of online application submission: 29th June 2019
- Last date of online payment: 01st July 2019
- Publication of Draft merit list of C.U current year students: 05th July 2019
- Submission of claim for correction in draft merit list (if any) using Format-1: 06th to 10th July 2019
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Calcutta University PG Course Admission 2019 Eligibility criteria and No. of Seats:
M.A or M.A/ M.Sc
- Ancient Indian History & Culture: 128 seats:
- B.A Hons. In (i) Ancient Indian and World History/History [(ii) one seat of each subject: Sanskrit, Pali, Political Science, Geography for CU current year candidate only.]
- MA / M.Sc or BA/B.Sc Hons. In Ancient Indian & World History & Culture/ Sanskrit/ History/ Pali/ Anthropology /Geography/ Geology /Botany/Zoology/Physics/chemistry.
- Buddhist Studies: 40 seats
- B.A Hons./MA in Ancient Indian & world History/ Archeology/ Bengali/CILCU/Economics/Education/English/French/German/Hindi/History/ Islamic History/Museology/Pali/ Philosophy/Sanskrit/Sociology/Tibetan B. Sc. (Hons), B. Com. (Hons) and PG Diploma in Buddhist Studies.
- Comparative Indian Language & Literature: 34 seats
- B.A Hons. In I) Bengali/English/Sanskrit Comparative Literature/ Linguistics. II) Hindi/Urdu/Any Modern or Ancient Indian Language with proficiency in Bengali Language & Literature.
- B.A/ B.Sc Hons. In Economics
- B.A Hons. In French/ Pre M.A in French
- Islamic History & Culture: 169 seats
- B.A Hons in IHCCU/ History
- Journalism & Mass Com: 60 seats
- B.A Hons. In Journalism & Mass Com or Hons. Graduate of any subject
- B.A Hons. in Linguistics/ English/Bengali/Sanskrit Pali/ AIHCU/ Political Science/ Philosophy/Sociology
- MA or BA Hons. in History/ Archeology/AIHCU/ IHCCU/ Pali/ Sanskrit/ Fine Art/ Visual Art/ History of Art/ Anthropology/ Persian/ Folklore/ In service (Deputed candidate)- one (1) seat.
- Graphic Art/ Applied Art/Commercial Art M.Sc or B.Sc Hons in Botany/Zoology/ Geology/Geography/ Anthropology/ Env. Science/ Env. Studies/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science/ Physiology/ Physics.
See: Mass Communication Admission Notice 2019
For more details on eligibility and seat details visit the official website
- Group wise Entrance Test for Non C.U and C.U applicants will be held as per schedule to be notified.
- Each Entrance Test will be of one hour duration except a few specifically mentioned. Full marks for each entrance test will be of 100 marks except few specially mentioned. Number of questions in each test will be of 50 and each question should have four options of answers of which one will be the correct answer. For each correct answer scoring will be +2 marks and negative marking of -0.5 marks for each wrong answer and for no try there will be 0 marks.
Selection of candidate of Part “A”
- Selection list for admission will be published strictly in order of merit, based on percentage of marks secured in Honours subject and incase of a tie, the aggregate of marks in general subjects are taken into consideration for all courses except those specially mentioned below:
Selection of candidates of Part “B”
- It will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance test
- For General: Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs 100/-
- All payments of application fee to be deposited through BillDesk Gateway.
- Payments of all courses to be made in a Single transaction. Payments once made are not refundable.
See: MA Admission
Calcutta University PG Course Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application to be submitted through online only.
- For online Application please go: www.caluniv.ac.in & www. caluniv-ucsta.net under M.A/ M.Sc (Economics & Museology)/ M.Com. Admission
At the time of online submission candidate should have the following:
- Photocopies of all the relevant marks sheets (10th Standard onwards) Etc.
- (SOFT COPY OF SCANNED PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO (3.5 C.M. X 3.5 C.M.) and Signature in PEN DRIVE / CD / Email (not more than 20 kb each in jpg/jpeg format)
- E-MAIL ADDRESS OF THE CANDIDATE
See: MSc Admission 2019
Before submission of Online Application, following points must be ensured.
- All the fields in the Application Form is correctly filled up.
- The Application Form is filled up as per detailed Eligibility Criteria.
- No. of Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Order of preference of the Course(s)/College(s) intended to be applied is correctly selected.
- Selection of points 3 & 4 should be done very carefully as changes afterwards may not be allowed in order of preference with respect to courses/colleges.
- Photograph and the Signature of the applicant are properly uploaded.
For more details please visit the official website
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-7000027, Website www.caluniv.ac.in