Calcutta University Admission Notice for M.Phil Course for the Session 2020 (January) – 2021 (December)
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2020 – Calcutta University invites applications from interested students for admission into M.Phil Program in various disciplines for the academic year 2020-21.
Disciplines offered and No. of Seats:
- Bengali- 17
- Library & information Science- 18
- Sanskrit- 16
- Ancient Indian History & Culture-12
- Political Science-06
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2020
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/PWD (minimum 40% disability)/OBC (non-creamy layer) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject / subjects. Students who are taking M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test, but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtaining the required marks mentioned above. Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/ viva voce. Candidates of any stream of M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MLIS and other PG degrees from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the above mentioned subjects. Candidates holding the qualifying degree from universities/institutions of other States and or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open university from any States” are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta (obtainable from the Office of the Registrar, CU) at the time of submission of application form.
- For General: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 250/-
- Rs 4000/- are to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission.
Mode of payment of fee: SBI Online.
- For SC, ST, OBC- A, OBC-B and PWD candidates will be made as per University/ Govt. rules. Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC-A, OBC-B/ unreserved of the concerned subject).
See: Admission Notification
- Completed Application Forms of Education, Sociology, History, Political Science, A.I.H.C., will be received by the office of the Secretary at Alipore Campus. Form for Library & Information Science will be received at the office of the Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor) College Street Campus. For the rest of the subjects, forms will be received at the Secretary’s Office (Ground Floor) Asutosh Building, College Street Campus, between 12 noon to 4.00 P.M. on all working days from December 09 –19, 2019, (i.e.,the last date of submission of filled in forms is 19th December 2019)with all relevant self attested documents. However, original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form.
- Start date of submission of form: 09th Dec. 2019
- Last date of submission of form: 19th Dec. 2019
For more details visit the official website
University of Calcutta
87,1, College St, Calcutta University, College Square, Kolkata , West Bengal – 700073