> Calcutta University
> Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Calcutta University Admission Notice for M.Phil. Course for the Session 2019 (January) – 2020 (December)
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019 – Calcutta University (C.U.) Kolkata, has published notification for Admission into M.Phil. Course for the academic year 2019 (January – 2019, December – 2020)
Candidates must check the eligibility before filling the application form as they will not be able to take admission in Calcutta University.
Also See : M.Phil Admissions
- Applications are invited for two years M.Phil. Course in: Bengali Urdu Ancient Indian History & Culture Commerce Sociology Sanskrit Education English Pali History Political Science Philosophy Hindi Library & Information Science (Self-Financed) Economics
No. of Seats
- Bengali – 17, Commerce – 19, Education – 09, History – 09, Hindi – 08, Urdu – 04, Sociology – 03, English – 11, Library & Information Science – 17, Ancient Indian History & Culture – 10, Sanskrit – 20, Pali – 10, Political Science – 06, Philosophy – 15, Economics – 13
Also See : Admission Notifications
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/OBC/PWD (minimum 40% disability) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject/subjects. Students who are taking M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above.
- Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/viva-voce.
- Candidates holding the qualifying degree from universities/institutions of other States and or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open universities from any States” are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta (obtainable from the Office of the Registrar, CU) at the time of submission of application form.
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD (Minimum 40% disability) candidate will be made as per University /Govt. rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC – A, OBC – B/unreserved of the concerned subject) 100 Point Roster of West Bengal Board of Higher Educational Institution will be followed in final selection.
- Rs. 4000/- to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission (except Library & Information Science)
- For Library & Information Science (a) Rs. 625/- per month for non-sponsored students, (b) Rs. 875/- per month for sponsored Indian students, (c) US $ 1000/- or its equivalent for foreign or NRI students to be paid at the time of admission [Admission Fees: Rs. 500/- and Library fees Rs. 400/- extra]
- Mode of payment will be informed later on. For further information, C.U. Website www.caluniv.ac.in/Notice Board of the concerned Department are to be followed from time to time
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019 Application Form
- The prescribed Application Form for admission to M. Phil courses for the session 2019 (January) – 2020 (December) can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in
- Downloaded application forms completed in all respect with the proof of payment of Rs. 500/= for General and Rs. 250/= for SC/ST/PWD category. Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees for offline payment. The fees can also be paid to the SBI online
- Completed Application Forms except Education, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Political Science and Library & Information science will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, (College Street Campus, CU), Room No. 3G,Asutosh Building (Ground Floor) between 12 noon and 4 pm on all working days with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form
- Forms for Library & Information Science will be received by the Office of the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street Campus, CU within the date and time mentioned above.
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019 Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Completed Application Form: 14th December 2018
- Date of Examination: To be announced
- Date of Results: To be announced