Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune PhD Admission 2019
BVP Pune PhD CET 2019 – Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune invites application for Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) Degree Programme (Common Entrance Test – CET) commencing in the session 2019-20.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, the parent organization of this University is one of the largest educational organizations in the country. It has 180 educational units under its umbrella including 80 Colleges and Institutes of conventional and professional disciplines.
- The Dept. of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India on the recommendations of the University Grants Commission accorded the status of “Deemed to be University” initially to a cluster of 12 units of Bharati Vidyapeeth.
- Subsequently, 17 additional colleges / institutes were brought within the ambit of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University wide various notifications of the Govt. of India.
See: PHD Admission 2019
Rules and Regulation
- These rules and regulations regarding PhD degree programme are framed in accordance with the UGC Regulations (Minimum standard and procedure for an award of PhD degree), Regulation 2016; published in the Gazette of India on 05th May 2016.
- The University offers PhD Programme in the following disciplines:
- Social Sciences
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Ayurved Varidhi
- Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Organon of Medicine
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
Duration of the Program
- The PhD Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course-work and a maximum of six years.
- The women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed relaxation of two years for PhD in the maximum duration.
- Applicant shall have to fulfill one of the following conditions for an admission to a PhD Program.
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution recognized under a law in its home country.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST / differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale if a grading system is followed and have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. degree in the same university in an integrated program.
- Candidates possessing a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil degree of an Indian institution or from a foreign recognized institution, shall be eligible.
- A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending is also eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme of the university, subject to the conditions mentioned above.
- The candidates, who have UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF / SLET / GATE /Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. will be exempted from appearing at the ‘All India Entrance Test’ for the Ph.D. admissions.
See: Common Entrance Test CET Notification
- The admissions to a PhD Degree Programme will be based on the merit obtained by the candidate in an ‘All India Entrance Test’ conducted by the University and fulfilment of the eligibility conditions.
- The All India Entrance Test will have 50% weightage for Research Methodology and 50% weightage for prescribed syllabus of respective subjects. The All India Entrance Test will be conducted at specified centres published by the university.
- The entrance test will be of 100 marks and for duration of three hours. A candidate must score minimum 50% of marks in the test to qualify for admission.
- The written entrance test will consist of two sections: Section-I (First) will be on Research Methodology and will carry 50 marks.
- Section-II (Second) will be on the respective subject and will also carry 50 marks. Each section will carry seven questions and the candidate has to attempt any five of the given questions.
- Candidates can obtain the form along with the Information Brochure either in person at Pune, New Delhi and Navi Mumbai centres for Rs. 200/- or through post for Rs.250/-
- Candidates must complete the prescribed form by filling in the required personal and educational details
- Eligibility – Rs.500/- (for Foreign Students – US$ 500)
- Processing Fees – Rs. 2500/- (For candidates exempted from appearing for the entrance test, Registration Fee is Rs.1500/- non-refundable)
- Tuition fee will be charged as per regular Indian Students for students from SAARC countries (Processing fee to be paid through online only)
- For online application and further details, visit our website www.bvuniversity.edu.in, admissions.bvuniversity.edu.in
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Last Date for receiving duly completed application form to BVU, LBS Marg, Pune: 17th August 2019 at 17.00 Hrs.
- Date of Common Entrance Test: 25th August 2019 at 11.00 am to 02.00 pm
- Places where the Entrance Test will be held: Pune, New Delhi and Navi Mumbai
- Date of Declaration of Merit Lists: 05th September 2019
- Date of Interviews: 09th, 10th &11th September 2019
- Date of Declaration of Final Merit Lists: 16th September 2019
- Date of Commencement of PhD Course: 23rd September 2019
For more details, please visit official website www.bvuniversity.edu.in
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune (India), at Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune, Accredited with ‘A+’ Grade (2017) by NAAC, ‘A’ Grade University Status by MHRD, Govt. of India, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Pune-411030, Phone No.: 020-24407308, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Website www.bvuniversity.edu.in, admisions.bvuniversity.edu.in