Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela announces Entrance Exam for Admission to the PhD Program 2023-24 (Spring), Apply Now
Biju Patnaik University of Technology PhD Admission 2023 – Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha invites online application for admission to PhD program for the academic session 2023-24. The Biju Patnaik University of Technology ( BPUT ), Orissa, with its head-quarters in Rourkela came into being in November 2002 through an act of the Government. The main objective of instituting the University was to ensure a high quality of students coming out of the technical colleges through a common curriculum and uniform evaluation. The disciplines include engineering and architecture, business management, computer studies and pharmacy. Several of these courses are offered both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Check more details on BPUT PhD Admission 2023 from the post given below.
- Computer Application and Applied Sciences
- Start of application forms: 18th October 2023
- Last date for hard copy submission: 04th November 2023
- BPUT PhD Entrance Test Date: 19th November 2023
- Faculty of Engineering: Candidates shall possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent or M.Sc. (Engineering) by Research degree from the University or any other University recognized by it, with a minimum CGPA of 6. 5 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree.
- Faculty of Architecture: Candidates shall possess Master’s Degree in Architecture / allied specialization or equivalent recognized by the University, with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree in the respective discipline.
- Faculty of Computer Application & Applied Sciences: Candidates shall possess a Master’s degree in Computer application / Computer Science / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics and such other allied disciplines, recognized by the University with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree.
- Faculty of Management: Candidates shall possess MBA / PGDM Degree from a recognized University / AICTE approved institutes with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s degree.
- Inter-Disciplinary Subject Areas: Candidates desirous of pursuing Ph.D. in subject areas of interdisciplinary nature shall fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate shall possess the Master’s Degree in appropriate branch / subject / discipline recognized by the University, with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks.
- The candidate shall submit the title of the research area and the research proposal of inter- disciplinary nature along with his/her application for admission.
- The research area / proposal should have positive recommendations from the DRDC/IDRDC.
- The candidates may undergo research in inter-disciplinary subjects in which he/she has obtained PG and has registered for the PhD programme in the said faculty.
Relaxation of Minimum Requirements
- A candidate belonging to SC / ST / differently-abled as notified by Government of Odisha from time to time shall have relaxation of 5% marks or equivalent grade in the minimum prescribed qualification at the PG level.
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website phdentrance.bput.ac.in
- After filling up the online form, the print out of the online application form along with required documents and a Cross Demand Draft/Banker Cheque of Rs.1000/- only in favour of “BUPT” payable at “Rourkela” addressed to “The Director, Examinations, Bijju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha, Chhend, Rourkela-15, Sundergarh” should reach on or before 04th November 2023
- Application Fee – Rs.1000/-
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance test & Interview.
- Biju Patnaik University of Technology PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website