Banaras Hindu University announces Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET) 2021 for PG Courses Admission
BHU PET 2021 – Banaras Hindu University announces Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET) 2021 for admission to various Postgraduate Courses. Application can be submitted online till September 06, 2021
Read on for details on BHU PET 2021 such as courses, eligibility criteria, application process and more
Important Dates for BHU PET 2021
- Availability of Application Form: 14th August 2021
- Last date to submit Application Form: 06th September 2021
- Last Date of successful fee transaction: 07th September 2021
- Availability of Admit Card: To be announced
- BHU PET 2021 Examination: To be announced
- Date of uploading Provisional Answer Key: To be announced
- Start of challenging the Provisional Answer key: To be announced
- Date of closing of challenge process: To be announced
- Declaration of Result of NTA Website: To be announced
- Dates of issue of Call Letters for PG course: To be announced
Post Graduate Courses Offered by BHU
- General Courses: Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vijana, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Commerce, Institute of Science and Institute of Environment & Sustanable Development
- Professional Courses: Institute of Medical Sciences, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Visual Arts. Faculty of Performing Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Law, Institute of Science, Mahila Mahavidyalaya.
- Special Courses: Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Commerce, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Institute of Science, Institute of Management Studies, Institute of Agricultural Sciences.
- Vocational Courses: Faculty of Arts
- Note: All the courses mentioned Information Bulletin are for 2 years (4 semesters) with the exception of M.Sc in Geophysics (under general courses) and MCA (under professional courses) which are of 3 years (6 semesters) and LLM (under special courses) which is for 1 year (2 semesters).
BHU PET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- All the courses offered under BHU PET 2021 will be open for both Male and Female with the exception of M.Sc in Bioinformatics & MA (Master of Education).
- M.Com: Candidates must have B.Com (Hons.)/ B.Com./B.Com.(Hons.)-FMM under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- M.A.: Candidates must have BA / BA(Hons.) under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- MCA: Candidates must have a BCA degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- M.Sc.: Candidates must have B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons.) under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- MBA: Candidates must have any graduation degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- LLM: Candidates must have at least 3 years LLB after graduation 0r 10+2+3 pattern or 5 year LLB under 10+2+5 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- MABM: Candidates must have at least passed 4 years B.Sc. (Ag) or equivalent.
- MFA: Candidates must have at least BFA degree under 10+2+4 or 10+5 pattern or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.
- MPA: Candidates must have B.Mus / BPA. Also, candidates should have BA (Hons.) / B.A. under 10+2+3 pattern with minimum of 50% marks in music practical. Other special exams are also included.
- M.P.Ed: Candidates must have at least a Bachelor of Physical Education or 4 years of Physical Education (professional) degree with minimum 50% marks.
- M.Lib.I.Sc.: Candidates must have any graduation degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.
- M.Ed.: Must have at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in any of the following programmes: B.Ed, B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed. D.EL.Ed., with an undergraduate/postgraduate degree with at least 50 % aggregate in each or any equivalent.
BHU PET 2021 Application Process
- The Application Form for PET 2021 is available on the BHU‟s entrance test portal www.bhuonline.in
- The online application process will have the following six stages:
- Step 1 – Registration on the Portal [www.bhuonline.in]-
- Step 2 – Filling up Identification details
- Step 3 – Online Application Form Entry and Course Selection
- Step 4 – Uploading of photographs and signature
- Step 5 – Payment of Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee
- Step 6 – Printout of Application Form for the record of candidates
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates – Rs.300/-
- For Others Candidates – Rs.600/-
- If candidates want to apply for more than one course under PET 2021, the application fee charged from them for the subsequent paper will be given below.
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates – Rs.200/-
- For Others Candidates – Rs.400/-
Mode of Payment
- Credit Card/ Debit Card through the Payment Gateway available on the Entrance Test Portal
- Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank (facility will be available only
- Admission of a candidate in a course will be done only when he/she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the PET, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course.
- Admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the PET, availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin
BHU PET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Type of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) /Hybrid /Pen and Paper (as required)
- Duration of the Exam: 120 minutes
- Total Marks: 480
- Pattern of Exam: Objective Type Comprising Multiple Choice Questions
- Total Test Papers: UET-23 and PET-94
- Medium of Paper: As specified in the respective information bulletins
- Number of Questions: 120 (except for M. F. A.-50 MCQs, MPA [Vocal/(Instrumental- Sitar, Flute, Violin, Tabla)/ (Dance-Kathak/Bharatnatyam)], it shall have 100 MCQ)
BHU PET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal www.bhuonline.in. If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card till 03 days before the date of the Test
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website