Bhagwan Mahavir University (BMU) Surat Admission Notification for PhD Program 2020 (January Session)
Bhagwan Mahavir University PhD Admission 2020 – Application are invited by Bhagwan Mahavir University, Surat for admission to Ph.D in various programme (Mechanical, Civil, E.C., Computer Application, Computer Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Management, Commerce, Education, BioTechnology, Micro-Biology, Botany, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Bio-Informatics, English, Prakrit & Jain studies) for Academic year 2019-20, commencing January 2020.
Also See : Phd Admission
PhD Program is available
- List of discipline in which Ph.D. Programme is available (2019-20) – Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Electronic & Communication Engineering; Computer Science; Computer Application; Pharmaceutical Science; Management; Commerce; Education; Biotechnology; Microbiology; Botany; Physics; Mathematics; Chemistry; Bioinformatics; English; Prakrti & Jain Studies
Duration of Program
- PhD. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of 3 years, including course work, and a maximum of Six years respectively from the date of registration of the students
- The Women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration.
- In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child care Leave once in the entire duration of PhD for upto 240 days.
Bhagwan Mahavir University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Online Application Process starts from
||18th November 2019
|Last date for online Application Submission
||30th December 2019
|Intimation for Entrance examination
||03rd January 2020
|Proposed Entrance Examination Date
||05th January 2020
|Entrance Examination Result Declaration
||10th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Bhagwan Mahavir University PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the Govt. notification adopted by the university.
- The minimum qualification for admission for in-service candidates will be same as that for regular candidates. However, in-service candidates shall have to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his/her employer.
- The qualifying degree should be recognized by the UGC/Association of Indian Universities/Central Council of Indian Medicine/Central Council of Homeopathy/Indian Nursing Council/Council of Architecture/ Pharmacy Council of India/ All India Council for Technical education or any other approved by the academic council/ Board of Management of the University for the Provisional Registration for the Ph.D. degree.
- Admission shall be made through an Entrance test and Interview.
- Refer syllabus for Ph.D programme available at University website.
- For entrance examination (60 minutes), there would be one papers with two section, i.e, Section-I & Section-II.
- Section-I would be Research methodology & General aptitude of 20 Marks , Section –II would be Subject wise of 30 Marks.
- Section-I will have 20 questions with multiple choice covering Research & Teaching Aptitude, Logical thinking, General Comprehension, etc.
- Section-II will have 30 questions pertaining to the department concerned & test shall be multiple choice of 30 marks.
- The qualifying marks in entrance test shall be at least aggregate 50%.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT/CSIR (JRF/SRF)/teaching fellowship/M.Phil Programme in the relevant discipline or are UGC/CSIR/RGNF/DST inspire, NBHM fellows, etc., shall be exempted from the entrance examination.
- The candidates exempted from entrance examination are required to give presentation on the proposed research topic and appear for the Personal interview in front of Research Board.
Bhagwan Mahavir University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- The candidates desiring to seek admission to Ph.D. programme at BMU shall need to apply by filling online form available at www.bmefcolleges.edu.in/bmu.
- The incomplete application form shall not be accepted and will not be called for Entrance test and thereby debarred from admission process of Ph.D. programme.
- Submission of application form does not guarantee admission, however, student applying should cleared entrance test and interview for making them eligible for registration as Ph. D students.
- Submission of online / offline application on or before 30 Dec, 2019
For Further Details visit website: www.bmusurat.ac.in
Bhagwan Mahavir University (BMU)
Bhagwan Mahavir University (BMU), VIP Road, Vesu, Surat-395007, Phone: 0261-6770102/03/04, 7575807374 / 75, E-Mail Id: email@example.com, Website www.bmefcolleges.edu.in/bmu