HRDD Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) announces Admission to DGFS-PhD Program 2023, Apply now
HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2023 – Human Resource Development Division (HRDD), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Invites applications from Engineering Post-graduates (M.E/M. Tech. /Equivalent Degree) for admission to DGFS-PhD Program under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) commencing from August 2023.
HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2023
About the Program
- DAE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (DDFS) formerly known as DGFS- PhD for pursuing PhD under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) a Deemed to be University
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai;
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam;
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar;
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata.
- Publish of Advertisement in Newspaper: April 25, 2023
- Launch of Online Application Portal: April 26, 2023
- Last Date for Online Application: May 18, 2023
- Download of Admit Cards From: 03rd June 2023 onwards
- Screening Examination: June 18, 2023 (Tentative)
- Declaration of List of Candidates shortlisted for Selection Interview: June 23, 2023
- Selection Interviews: July 6, 2023
- Declaration of List of Selected Candidates: July 14, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for HRDD BARC – DGFS PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates should possess M.E. / M.Tech. or equivalent postgraduate degree in Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgical/Materials, Nuclear Engineering with minimum 60% Marks. In addition to this, the student should have 60% marks in B. E. /B. Tech. or any other degree considered to enter M.E. / M.Tech. programme.
- The ‘qualifying 60% marks’ should be as per the ordinances of the respective degree awarding university OR equivalent of cumulative grade point average CGPA (converted to % Marks by multiplying with 100/x if the CGPA is on x points scale).
- The candidates desirous of availing DDFS fellowship should have been born on or after August 1, 1995
- Age limit is relaxable by three years for OBC-NCL(non-creamy layer) and by five years for SC/ST applicants. Persons with Disability (PWD) of all categories are eligible for further age relaxation of 10 years
- The age limit for the candidates working as faculty in Engineering Colleges is 40 years, who desire to pursue Ph.D. without the fellowship grant.
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- Only Online Applications will be accepted. Candidates must visit this website and fill the Online Application form in the period
- Interested candidates should fill the Application Form attached to this notification (may be printed from the University website www.barc.gov.in) and submit by hand to the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Human Resource Development Division, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai-400094
- Selection for DDFS is a two-step process:
- Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria will appear in a written Screening Exam to be held at multiple centres across India on March 21, 2023 (tentative)
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Selection Interview based on performance in the screening test as well as on previous academic record. There will be 25% weightage for B.E./B.Tech. Percentage, 25% weightage for average of M.E./M.Tech. Semester-I and Semester-II percentages and 50% weightage for percentage in the BARC Screening Exam.
- The final selection will be based on performance in the Interview only. The candidates should be prepared for a 10 minute presentation on their research interest during Interview.
- Outstation applicants called for Interview will be paid to and fro III AC train fare on production of tickets by shortest route, or actual fare, whichever is less.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website