Bangalore University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20
Bangalore University PhD Admission 2019 – Bangalore University, Bangalore, invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce and Education offered in various subjects for the academic year 2019-20.
See: PHD Admission 2019
Bangalore University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application forms Available on the website: 06th June 2019
- Last date to apply without fine: 1st July 2019
- Last date to apply with fine: 18th July 2019
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of application send to University: 23rd July, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 18th August 2019
- Announcement of key answers: 23rd August 2019
- Date of Counselling/Commencement: 16th October 2019
- Commencement of Course work: 18th November 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Bangalore University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidate for admission to the PhD. Program shall have a Master’s degree from a University recognized by the UGC or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized.
- A maximum relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I/OBC/differently abled and other categories of candidate as specified by the Government from time-to-time.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil Degree of an Indian Institution (under the regular mode) or from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority in established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. The decision of the Registrar (Evaluation) shall be final regarding equivalence
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work through the regular mode with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree.
- A maximum relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Government.
Entrance test pattern
- An Entrance test shall be conducted in which the candidate should secure minimum qualifying marks of 50% to be eligible for PhD. admission. The candidates who secure less than 50% in the entrance test shall not be eligible for inclusion in the consolidated merit list under any circumstance
- The Entrance test shall consist of 10% questions on Research Methodology and 90% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre notified in advance by the university.
- Maximum marks for Entrance Test: 100
- Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions of two marks each (candidates will have to attempt a total of fifty questions)
- Syllabus for the Entrance Test: Research Methodology and cognate/core subjects of the P.G. Courses.
- Duration of Entrance Test: 120 minutes.
- All those candidates who take up interdisciplinary topics for research have to compulsorily appear for the entrance test in the concerned Department where the candidate has applied.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Bangalore University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates shall visit and browse the application form from the website bangaloreuniversity.ac.in / buphd.inhawk.com
- Candidates shall enter the required details in the application form and submit it online.
- For successful registration of application form, candidates shall upload a valid scanned copy of the recent passport size photo any signature.
- The hall ticket will be generated only to the candidates who have paid the fees online.
- The candidates shall submit duly filled in application after paying the fees of Rs. 2000/- for Entrance, Rs. 1,500/- for non-entrance candidates (50% of the prescribed fee for SC/ST/CAT-I, if the applicants income is below Rs. 2,50,000/-) for both entrance & non entrance test categories and Rs. 5000/- for Foreign Nationals, Online only.
- After submission of the application form online, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address of the candidates. E-mail will contain the username and password and other instructions to further proceed with the completion of registration process.
- Thereafter, the candidate shall download two sets of duly filled in application form and retain one set for their reference and one set to be sent to: The Registrar (Evaluation), Ph.D. Section, Pareeksha Bhavan, Jmamabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru-560056 by speed Post/Courier.
For more information, visit website www.eng.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in
Jmamabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru-560056, website www.eng.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in