Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) PhD Admission Notification 2019
ASTU PhD Admission 2019 – Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) invites applications from interested candidates for admission into the PhD course for the year 2019
ASTU PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of online registration: 30th May 2019
- Last date for submission of registration (without fine): 15th June 2019
- Last date for submission of registration (with fine): 28th June 2019
See: PHD Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for ASTU PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates having a Master’s degree or a professional degree from a UGC/AICTE recognized University/ institution with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates will be as per Government of Assam norms for each Department.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- The candidates who are awaiting their results of the qualifying degree may also apply. If selected, they have to submit the mark-sheets/ grade-sheet and also to fulfill the criteria of Marks at the time of admission.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- The procedure of selecting candidate shall comprise of a written entrance test, followed by personal interview. The test will have two components as per UGC Guidelines No. 5.4 dated 5th May, 2016
- The Written Entrance Test shall be qualifying, with qualifying pass marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology; and 50% shall be subject specific.
- Those candidates who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil programme is exempted from Entrance Test. However, such candidates must appear for personal interview for selection.
- The intake capacity of PhD Scholar for eligible department shall be determined by the head of college/institution based on the availability of facilities in the department concerned and the eligible faculty. The student shall undertake course work and research etc. at respective affiliated college as per ASTU Academic Regulations for the PhD Programme.
- PhD scholar may be admitted in both the semesters i.e. Spring and Autumn as per Academic Calendar for PhD programme No. ASTU/PhD/I/43/2013/2014 (Part-II) 9298 dated 19/01/2019
ASTU PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through the portal for online registration available on the website www.astuonline.in
Other guidelines will be issued from time to time.
For more details regarding disciplines/specializations offered and the other details visit the official website: www.astu.ac.in
Assam Science and Technology University
Tetelia Road, Near Assam Engineering College, Jalukbari, Guwahati- 781013, Assam, Website: www.astu.ac.in