Assam Science and Technology University announces Admission to PhD Program 2022, Apply now
ASTU PhD Admission 2022 – Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati invites applications from eligible candidates for Ph. admission in various disciplines for the academic session 2022.
PhD Disciplines offered
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Water Resource Management
- Business Administration
ASTU PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Application process : Ongoing
- Closing Date of application submission : 25th March 2022
- Date of examination and other updates : To be announced
ASTU PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- For admission to the PhD Program in various disciplines a candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- Any candidates having a Postgraduate Degree of ASTU or from UGC/AICTE recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Science, Management, Technology, Engineering and Medicine/Pharmacy or other professional subjects of ASTU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Master’s Degree or in an allied subject.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently- Abled and other categories of candidates as per Government of Assam Norms for each department.
- The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks procedures.
ASTU PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Interested candidates are requested to apply by filling up the prescribed form available (https://astu.ac.in/) and sending it electronically to [email protected]. The application form should be filled in the Word File template provided and should be signed and scanned.
- An application fee of Rs. 2000 (Rupees Two thousands ) (non-refundable) in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Assam Science and Technology University, payable at SBI, Assam Engineering College (AEC) Branch, Guwahati-781013. The fees also can be deposited into the University SBI Account No. 33768271543 [Assam Science and Technology University] having IFSC Code: SBIN0010670. Pl furnish copy of the bank transaction receipt along with the Application Form
- The procedure of selecting candidates shall comprise of a written Entrance Test namely, Research eligibility test (RET), followed by personal interview.
- The test will have two components The written entrance test shall be qualifying pass marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance test shall be of 50% of research methodology; and 50% shall be subject specific.
- Those candidates who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teachers fellowship holder or have passed M. Phil programme is exempted from the Entrance Test. However, such candidates must appear for a personal interview for selection.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website