Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) Guwahati announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Assam Science and Technology University PhD Admission 2023 – Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) Guwahati invites applications for admission to both Part-time and Full-Time PhD programs offered in various subjects for the academic session 2023-24 through Research Eligibility Test (ASTRU-RET). Read the post below for more details on Assam Science and Technology University PhD Admission 2023.
PhD Program – Subjects
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Water Resource Management
- Business Administration
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Chemical Engineering
In addition to above, the following subjects may be available to the applicants:
- Management and Humanities
- Biology and Biophysics
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Last date for submission of application from 5th October to 20th October, 2023
- 10. Date of examination and other updates will be available in the ASTU website
- Candidates who have completed
- A 1-year/ 2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/ 4-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualification declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognised or authorised by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Interested candidates may submit applications online by filling up & uploading the required documents https://astu.ac.in/?page_id=32313
Documents to be uploaded with the application form:
- A recent passport size colored photograph of the candidate should be uploaded in the online application form. Size of the photograph must be less than 256 kb, height and width of the photograph should be 200 pixel and 175pixel, respectively. The photograph should be either in JPG/JPEG format
- A scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size 256 kb) should be uploaded in the online application form. The height and width of the signature must be 75 pixel and 175 pixel, respectively.
- High School Leaving (10th standard) Certificate & Marksheet/Grade Card in a single PDF File (Max File Size: 1 MB) d) HS (10+2 standard) Certificate & Marksheet/Grade Card in a single PDF File (Max File Size: 1 MB)
- Certificate & Marksheet/Grade Card of UG and PG in a single PDF File (Max File Size: 1 MB).
- Certificate & Marksheet/Grade Card of any other Degree/Diploma (if the candidate has received) in a single PDF File (Max File Size: 1 MB).
- The relevant certificate issued by the competent authority, if seeking admission under any reserved category as mentioned, in a single PDF File (Max File Size: 1 MB). Caste/Tribe certificates MUST BE issued by the Competent Authorities
- The applicants shall have to pay a Non-refundable Application fee of Rs. 2000/- in the following bank account through ONLINE mode of transaction:
- A/C Name: Assam Science and Technology University
- SBI A/C No: 33768271543
- IFSC Code: SBIN0010670
- MICR Code: 781002038
- Branch: Assam Engineering College
- Branch Code: 010670
- The procedure of selecting candidates shall comprise of a written Entrance Test namely, Research eligibility test (RET), followed by personal interview.
- The test will have two components
- The written entrance test will have qualifying pass marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance test shall be of 50% of research methodology; and 50% shall be subject specific.
- No. of Seats will depend on (i) availability of PhD research Guides recognized by the university and also (ii) availability of vacancy under each guide as per the UGC norms. The university reserves the right to admit or not to admit scholar
- Reservation of seats as per the norms of Government of Assam
- Admission test shall be conducted in the university (ASTU Campus) or any of the recognized centres of affiliated colleges.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website