Annamalai University announces Admission to Physical Education Courses (B.P.E.S, B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed., Diploma and P.G Diploma) for 2019 session
Annamalai University Physical Education Courses Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into B.P.E.S/ B.P.Ed. / M.P.Ed. (Diploma/ P.G diploma) for the academic year 2019.
Duration: Two years
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Duration: Three years
- Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports (B.P.E.S.)
Duration: One year
- PG Diploma in Gym Instructor
- Diploma in Gym Instructor
Annamalai University Physical Education Courses Admission 2019 Important Date
- Last date to apply is 31st May 2019 (5:30 pm)
See: Physical Education Career Scope, Eligibility and Job Prospects
Choice based Credit System (CBCS) for M.P.Ed.
- From the academic year 2000-2001, Choice Based Credit System is in vogue for the post-graduate programme. This programme offers a package of certain core courses and some elective courses that allow for effective interaction among students from different disciplines. The novelty of the programme consists of interdisciplinary curriculum with a pronounced inclination towards industry oriented needs.
Fee & Scholarship:
- M.P.Ed.: Rs 30,845/-
- B.P.Ed. / B.P.E.S: Rs 23,380/-
- P.G Dip. In Gym instructor: Rs. 3,810/-
- Dip. In Gym instructor: Rs. 2,810/-
Reservation of Seats:
- Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/SCA/MBC/DNC/BC/BCM/OC communities will be made as per rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- OC – 31%; BC – 26.5%; BCM – 3.5%; MBC – 20%; SC – 15%; SCA – 3%; ST – 1%.
Eligibility Criteria for Annamalai University Physical Education Courses Admission 2019
Master of Physical Education
- No. of seats: 40
- A Candidate for admission to the Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) degree programme should have passed B.P.Ed. Examination of this University and/or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto in 10+2+3+2 pattern. They must have represented College / University / State in anyone of the games or sports, subject to the conditions that he/she must be medically fit and free from any deformities.
- The candidates should not have completed 34 years of age as on 1st July. However, relaxation of 2 years (36 years) may be given for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen / Experienced Physical Education Teachers / Widow / Destitute should be medically fit and free from any deformity.
See: M.Ed Admissions
- on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance test
- Qualifying examination: 25 marks
- Sports and games participation: 25 marks
- Games and Sports skill test: 50 marks
- Written Test: 35 marks
- Personal Interview: 15 marks
- Total Marks: 150 marks
Bachelor of Physical Education
- No. of seats: 200
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Physical Education degree course\ (B.P.Ed) if he/she has Bachelor degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having participated in Inter-college / Inter Zonal / District / School competitions in sports and games as recognized by the AIU / IONSGFI / Govt. of India. or
- Bachelor degree in Physical education with 45% marks or
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied physical education as a compulsory elective subject or
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with 45% marks and having participated in National/inter
- University/State competition or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter-college / Inter-Zonal / District / School competitions in sports and games as recognized by the AIU / IOA / SGFI / Govt. of India. or
- Graduates with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in service candidate, i.e. trained physical education teachers and coaches) Subject to the following conditions.
- The degree must have been obtained from a university recognized by Annamalai University.
- The candidates should not have completed 30 years of age as on 1st July. However, relaxation, of 2 years may be given for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen I Experienced Physical Education Teachers widow / destitute should be medically fit and free from any deformity.
- on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance test
- Qualifying Examination: 20 marks
- Participation in Games & Sports: 25 marks
- Games skill test: 50 marks
- Track and Field Skill test: 50 marks
- Bonus marks for possession of basic degree in Physical Education (B.Sc) or B.P.Ed., B.P.E.S or Diploma in Physical Education: 05 marks
- Total Marks: 150
Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports
- No. of seats: 150
- Applications should have passed the +2 examination 10+2 pattern of the Government of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates should not have completed 25 years of age as on 1st July. However, relaxation of 2 years. (27 years) may be given for SC/ST candidate’s widow/destitute.
- She/he must be medically fit and free from any deformities, students will undergo medical examination at the time of admission.
- Qualifying Examination: 40 marks
- Participation in Games & Sports: 15 marks
- Games skill test: 15 marks
- Track and Field skill test: 30 marks
- 100 m: 10 marks
- Shot-up: 20 marks
- Long-Jump: 10 marks
- Total Marks: 100 marks
P.G. Dip. In Gym instructor
- A pass in Bachelor degree or equivalent degree therein any
Dip. In Gym instructor
- A pass in +2 or H.Sc. or equivalent examination.
Annamalai University Physical Education Courses Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidates seeking admission should register and apply only through downloaded by logging on to www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
- Demand draft for B.P.E.S. ` 200/- for SC/SCA/ST and `400/- for Others, B.P.Ed. / M.P.E.S. / M.P.Ed. 300/- for SC/SCA/ST and ` 600/- for others, which is drawn in favour of The Registrar, Annamalai University, payable at Annamalai nagar / Chennai.
Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu, Pin- 608002