Annamalai University announces admission to M.Sc Program in the Faculty of Marine Sciences 2019
Annamalai University M.Sc Program in Marine Sciences 2019 – Annamalai University invites applications from interested candidates for admission into M.Sc course in Marine sciences for the year 2019
- M.Sc in Marine Biology & Oceanography
- M.Sc in Coastal Aquaculture
- M.Sc in Marine Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Marine Food Technology
- M.Sc in Marine Microbiology
- M.Sc in Marine Pharmacology
- M.Sc in Marine Chemistry
See: MSc Admissions
- The duration of all the courses offered two academic years comprising of four semesters. Medium of Instruction for all the programmes is English.
Structure of the Programme
The Master’s Programme will consist of
- Core courses which are compulsory for all students
- The students can choose elective courses from the programmes approved in other departments of the same Faculty and from the Faculties of Science, Indian languages, and education.
- Elective subjects are allotted after counseling, by a committee consisting of the head of the departments/Senior Professors under the chairmanship of the dean.
- Dissertation/Project work/ Practical training/ Field work, which can be done in an organization, government, Industry, Firm, Public Enterprise, etc. approved by the department concerned.
- M.Sc Marine Biology & Oceanography/ Coastal Aquaculture: Rs. 26,285/- (total)
- M.Sc Marine Biotechnology/ Marine Microbiology Rs. 31, 285/- (total)
- The students of Annamalai University can avail the Government Scholarships subject to eligibility:
- Scholarships will be provided under various categories (please check details on the official website)
See: Scholarships in India
Eligibility Criteria for Annamalai University M.Sc Program in Marine Sciences 2019
- M.Sc Marine Biology & Oceanography: An undergraduate degree in Zoology / Zoology (Vocational) / Fishery Science / B.F.Sc. / Industrial Fish and Fisheries (with Zoology as a subsidiary subject) /Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology with a minimum of 50% of marks in Part-III or any other degrees recognized equivalent to Zoology.
- M.Sc Coastal Aquaculture: An Undergraduate degree in Zoology / Botany / Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology / Plant Science / Animal Science / Animal Science & Biotechnology / Animal Biotechnology / Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Industrial Fish and Fisheries / Microbiology / Environmental Science / Chemistry or B.F.Sc./B.Sc. Agriculture / B.Voc. Aquaculture / Commercial Aquaculture / Industrial Aquaculture or any UGC Kaushal Kendra supported UG degree in Aquaculture or Fisheries, B.Sc. Biotechnology or B.Tech. Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in Part-III.
- M.Sc Marine Biotechnology: Undergraduate Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Industrial Microbiology, Industrial Fish and Fisheries, Agricultural Microbiology, Plant Science & Biotechnology and Animal Science & Biotechnology, Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology, Plant Science, Zoology, Animal Science, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Animal Biotechnology, Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology, B.Tech. Biotechnology/ Genetic Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in Part-III.
- M.Sc Marine Microbiology: Undergraduate Degree in Microbiology / Industrial Microbiology / Agricultural Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Applied Genetics / Plant Science & Biotechnology / Animal Science & Biotechnology / Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology / Plant Science / Zoology / Animal Science / Food technology / Industrial Fish and Fisheries / Animal Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Aquaculture / B.F.Sc. with a minimum of 50% of marks in Part III.
Allocation of seats
- Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/MBC/BC/OC communities will be made as per the rule of reservation of the government of Tamil Nadu. Among the above reservations, 5% seats have been included for differently abled persons as per norms laid down by the government.
- The selection of candidates to all the programmes will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in Part–III and the marks obtained in the interview. The qualifying examination marks under Part-III will be reduced to 200 and the marks in the interview for 30 marks will be added. The date of interview will be informed later by post to all the eligible candidates.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Important Dates for Annamalai University M.Sc Program in Marine Sciences 2019
- Last date of application is 31st May 2019 (5:30 pm)
Annamalai University M.Sc Program in Marine Sciences 2019 Application Process
- Procedure for registration of application is Online from the University website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/adm
- Demand draft for All M.Sc. Degree Programme Rs.200/- for SC/SCA/ST and Rs.400/- for Others, which is drawn in favour of The Registrar, Annamalai University, payable at Annamalai Nagar, Chennai
See: M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exam
For more details please visit the official website: www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu PIN- 608 002, Website: www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in