Annamalai University notifies B.Ed. and M.Ed. Degree Programs 2019
Annamalai University, Chidambaram invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree Programs for the session 2019
Candidates can check the complete information of B.Ed. / M.Ed. Degree Admission 2019 such as application procedure, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- Annamalai University, one of the largest unitary, teaching, and residential Universities in Southern Asia, was established and incorporated in the year 1929 as per the Annamalai University Act 1928 (Tamil Nadu Act 1 of 1929)
- Now, the Annamalai University Act, 1928 has been repealed and replaced by the Annamalai University Act 2013. His Excellency the Governor of Tamil Nadu is the Chancellor of the University
Also See : Admission Notification
- Last Date for Online Registration of Application: 20th June 2019
Details of Programs
B.Ed. Degree Program
- The following optional subjects are offered by the Department of Education – (1) Tamil; (2) English (3) Mathematics (Applied Mathematics); (4) Physical Science (Physics / Applied Physics /Geo-Physics /Bio-Physics/Electronics /Chemistry/Biochemistry/Applied Chemistry) (5) Natural Science (Botany/Biotechnology & Plant Biology/Plant Biotechnology/ Zoology/Environmental Sci./Microbiology) (6) Social Science (History) (07) Economics (08) Commerce
- Duration of the Program: The Program is for a period of 2 year (Non-Semester)
- Age Limit: No Age Limit
- Medium of Instruction: English and Tamil
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC Recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Educational Level.
- Engineering and Technology candidates should have undergone 10+2+4 (16) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the recognized Universities.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination (or) 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III /Part-IV under (Double/Triple major system) of the UG degree should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, mark obtained by the candidates in two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks.
- Candidates who have passed under Additional Degree Program with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission. Candidates who have passed under Four year Dual Degree Program with two major subjects under part-III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (Five Year Integrated Degree Program) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission in such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Program.
- Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for admission to the course other than subjects like Economics and Commerce for which PG qualification is mandatory. Community/Category Minimum Marks OC 50%, BC 45%, MBC/DNC 43%, SC/SCA/ST 40%, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates 40%.
- Candidates who have passed PG degree in Economics and Commerce without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
- In the case of differently Abled, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough. However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University/Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed. programme in force from time to time.
- Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/SCA/MBC/DNC//BC/ BCM/OC communities will be made as per rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Among the above reservations, 5% of seats have been included for differently abled persons as per norms laid down by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- General Category: The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made.
- Ranking List: The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in major and allied subjects (both in Theory and Practical) in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking.
M.Ed Degree Program
- Duration of Course: Two academic years (with Four Semester)–Full-time.
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Candidates must have 50% in B.Ed. / B.A.Ed. /B.Sc.Ed. under CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) degree examination of this university or a degree examination in Education of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rules of the Tamil Nadu State Government.
- Candidates will be selected by their performance at the qualifying examination and by a selection test and an Interview to be conducted by the University. On the basis of candidates performance, a merit list will be prepared. Post Graduate students will be given preference. Date of Selection Test and Interview will be intimated later.
- Online Application Number is the Registration Number of the Annamalai University B.Ed. /M.Ed. Admissions 2019
- Candidate should apply and register Online and download the application form are available on the Annamalai University website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in.
- For SC/ST Candidate: Rs.500/-
- For other Candidates: Rs.1000/-
- The filled in online application/download applications and along with enclosure shall be sent either by Speed Post or Registered Post or in person the Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar – 608 002 and the Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the registrar, Annamalai University and any Nationalized / Scheduled Bank and payable at Chennai.
- For more details, refer Prospectus/Website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
Annamalai university, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram Cuddalore district Tamil Nadu-608 002, India, Website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in