Aliah University Kolkata announces Admission to M.Phil. and PhD Program 2021-22, Fill Application Form Now
Aliah University Admission – Aliah University Kolkata (Dept of Minority Affairs & Madrasah Education) invites applications for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programs for in the 2021-22 Session
The applicants are advised to follow the availability of specialization/ research areas of each department before the Online Application
Duration of Programs
- M. Phil. Program is Two Years (Regular 4-Semester Course) & there is no scope of Part-time
- M.Phil it is purely Full-time Course
- PhD: (i) Arabic, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English, (iv) Urdu, (v) Islamic Theology, (vi) History, (vii) Law, (viii) Education, (ix) Journalism and Mass Communication, (x) Geography, (xi) Economics, (xii) Physics, (xiii) Chemistry, (xiv) Mathematics and Statistics, (xv) Biological Sciences, (xvi) Civil Engg., (xvii) Computer Science and Engg., (xviii) Electrical Engg., (xix) Electronics & Communication Engg., (xx) Mechanical Engg., (xxi) Management and Business Administration (MBA)
- M.Phil.: Bengali
Aliah University M.Phil and PhD Admission Dates 2021
- Online Submission of Application Forms Starts: 03rd November 2021
- Last Date for on Online Submission of Application form: 20th November 2021
- Submission of Hard Copy of the Application Form: 26th November 2021
Aliah University M.Phil and PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA (6.25 in 10 point scale wherever the grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to differently-abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
- University does not provide its own fellowship. However, the full-time scholars may apply for various Fellowships like UGC/CSIR/MANF/RGNF/SVMCMS (non-NET fellowship) etc
Aliah University M.Phil and PhD Admission Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online through the official website https://aliah.ac.in/
- Read the Eligibility Criteria carefully before starting the application process.
- The hard copy of the Application Form generated/downloaded at the time of ONLINE application must be submitted to The Office of The Coordinator, University Research Programme (URP) Cell, Second Floor, Aliah University, Action Area-IIA/27, New Town, Kolkata-700160 latest by 26th November 2021 till 04.00 pm
- Hard copy of all documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope super-scribing the Name of the Department applied for and Name of the Program (M.Phil. or PhD).
- Application Fee – Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment – Online
- The University will admit applicants in PhD by a Two Stage Process as follows.
Written Test (Aliah University Research Eligibility Test, AURET)
- A written test will be conducted for eligible applicants, fulfilling eligibility criteria and if qualified, he/she has to appear for an interview.
- The written test of Two-hour duration is of 100 marks.
- The qualifying cut-off marks for appearing in Interview is 50.
- The syllabus of the Written Test (Multiple Choice Questions) consists of Research Methodology (as per NET/SET Syllabus) and the concerned subject.
Exemption from Written Test (AURET)
- The written test is waived for the candidates who fulfill any one of the following criteria.
- Qualified in any one of the examinations: NET, GATE, SET, SLET, UGC (JRF), CSIR (JRF), DBT-JRF, or equivalent Exams, Inspire Fellowship or Teacher Fellowship
- For PhD admission, if he/she obtained M.Phil. degree (Full-time Regular 2-year Course) from any university recognized by UGC
- All eligible applicants must appear for an INTERVIEW before a panel comprising Departmental Research Committee (DRC) members and others.
- The applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area as per the field of specialization/research areas available in the concerned department.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website