Aliah University Kolkata announces Admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. Program 2019-20
Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019 – Aliah University Kolkata (Dept of Minority Affairs & Madrasah Education) invites applications for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programmes for in the 2019-20 session.
The online applications are invited in the prescribed format from the eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in various departments. The applicants are advised to follow the availability of specialization/ research areas of each department before the Online Application
Duration of Programs
- The duration of M. Phil. Program is Two Years (Regular 4-Semester Course) & there is no scope of Part-time M.Phil. It is purely Full-time Course (Aliah University Regulations for M.Phil. Program-2019)
- The duration of the PhD Program (for both Full-time & Part-time) is a minimum of three years (including coursework) and a maximum period of six years ([Intake of Up to thesis submission) from the date of admission
Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of Application Form: Started
- Last Date for Online Application: 25th November 2019 till 5.00 PM
- Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Application Form: 28th November 2019 till 04.00 pm
- Written Test Date: To be announced!
- Interview Date: To be announced!
- Online applications are invited in the prescribed format from the eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in various departments of the following subjects:
- M. Phil.: Bengali
- (i) Arabic, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English, (iv) Urdu, (v) Islamic Theology, (vi) History, (vii) Law, (viii) Education, (ix) Journalism and Mass Communication, (x) Geography, (xi) Economics, (xii) Physics, (xiii) Chemistry, (xiv) Mathematics and Statistics, (xv) Biological Sciences, (xvi) Civil Engg., (xvii) Computer Science and Engg., (xviii) Electrical Engg., (xix) Electronics & Communication Engg., (xx) Mechanical Engg., (xxi) Management and Business Administration (MBA)
- Application for both M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in Bengali, the candidate must have to apply separately
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA (6.25 in 10 point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Applicants are advised to follow the availability of specialization/ research areas of each department before ONLINE Application.
- The University will admit applicants in M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes by a Two Stage Process:
- Written Test (Aliah University Research Eligibility Test, AURET): The written test will be conducted by the concerned Department and if qualified, he/she has to appear for an interview/viva-voce. The written test of 100 marks (Two Hour duration) shall be qualifying in nature for Interview/ Viva-voce with qualifying marks of 50%. The syllabus of the Written Test consists of Research Methodology and the Concern Subject (As per NET/SET Syllabus).
- The written test is waived for the candidate, who fulfils any one of the followings,
- Qualified in any one of the Exams: UGC-NET (LS/JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (LS/JRF), SET, SLET, GATE with valid score, teacher fellowship
- For PhD Admission, if he/she obtained M.Phil. degree (Full-time Regular 2-year Course) from any university recognized by UGC following the UGC Minimum Standards and Procedure for awards of M.Phil. & Ph.D. Degree, Regulation 2016, then the candidate must have to submit a certificate from the competent authority of the University stating that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil. course, otherwise waiver from AURET and/or Research Course Work (if selected) shall not be granted.
- An Interview/ Viva-Voce, which is mandatory for all applicants (those qualified in the written test and the exempted candidates from written test), is to be conducted by the respective Departmental Research Committee (DRC) where the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area as per the field of specialization/ research areas are available in the concerned department
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2020
- Arabic – Arabic Literature, Islamic Jurisprudence, Modern Arabic Literature & Islamic History, Arabic Literature & Linguistics, Modern Arabic Prose /Translation, Migration Literature & Translation, Arabic Language & Literature [Intake of Up to 10]
- Bengali – Linguistics, Folklore & Fiction, Sociolinguistics, Cultural Studies, Sub altern Studies and Modern Indian Literature, Literary theory and Criticism, Children Literature, Science-based Literature, Feminism [Intake of Up to 09]
- English – Post-1950s British Literature, Utopian Studies, Eco-criticism, Postcolonial Indian Writing in English / Linguistics / ELT [Intake of Up to 03]
- Urdu – Modern Urdu Ghazal, Urdu Novel ,Urdu Travelogue, Urdu Linguistics, Dakaniyat & Contemporary Urdu Literature, Non Fictional Urdu Prose, Urdu Fiction [Intake of Up to 13]
- Islamic Theology – Islamic Jurisprudence, Indian Islamic History, Hadith, Comparative Studies [Intake of Up to 08]
- History – Medieval Indian History, Environmental History, Indian History, Socio-cultural history, Gender Studies [Intake of Up to 06]
- Law – Commercial Law, Corporate Law [Intake of Up to 02]
- Education – Education Psychology, Education Technology, Teacher Selection, Science Education, Teacher Education , Mathematics Education, Elementary Education, Women’s Education, Women’s Studies, Minority Education, Higher Education [Intake of Up to 17]
- Journalism & Mass Communication – TV Discourse Studies, Communication for Development, Civil Society, Public Sphere, International Media, Identity Politics [Intake of Up to 04]
- Geography – Agriculture Geography, Urban Geography, Population Geography, Regional Planning, Social Studies [Intake of Up to 02]
- Economics – Macroeconomics, Growth Economics, Econometrics, Social Sector Economics [Intake of Up to 02]
- Physics – Astrophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics & Physics of Exotic Systems, Nanoscience and NanoTechnology, Soft Condensed Matter Physics, Atomic and Laser Physics, Quantum Optics, Laser Spectroscopy [Intake of Up to 12]
- Chemistry – Nano Materials, Analytical /Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Solvation Dynamics, Biophysical Chemistry, Nanotechnology [Intake of Up to 16]
- Mathematics and Statistics – Function Analysis, Liner Algebra, Nonlinear Analysis, Mathematical Biology, Special Graph Theory, Algebraic graph Theory, Solid Mechanics, Survival Analysis, Regression Analysis, Stochastic Process, Differential Geometry, Mathematical Statistics & Probability, Reliability, Non-parametric, Anthrometric Methods, Stochastic Process in Migration, Non-linear integral equations [Intake of Up to 16]
- Biological Sciences – Protein Chemistry, Cancer Biology, Nanobiotechnology and Phytochemistry, Clinical & Applied Genomics, Microbiology, Disease Biology / Animal Physiology & Diversity / EVS [Intake of Up to 10]
- Civil Engg. – Water Resource Engineering, Soil Mechanics And Foundation Engg., Structural Engg [Intake of Up to 08]
- Computer Science & Engg. – Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, Image Processing, Machine Learning, IoT, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Bioinformatics [Intake of Up to 09]
- Electrical Engg. – Control System, Power System Engineering [Intake of Up to 03]
- Electronics & Communication Engg. – Fiber Optics /Optical Communication, Microwave communication [Intake of Up to 04]
- Mechanical Engg. – Production Engg, Advanced Machining, Manufacturing Technology, Production Engg., Manufacturing Foundry Technology, Thermal Engg. [Intake of Up to 05]
- MBA – Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance, Marketing Management, General Management [Intake of Up to 16]
- Bengali [Intake of Up to 10]
Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019 Application Process
- Log on to the Aliah University website https://www.aliah.ac.in and click on the link Admission to M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes: 2019-20.
- Read the Eligibility Criteria carefully before starting your application process
- Fill-in all details correctly online and complete the entire application in a single session. If you leave it in between, you will have to start the process once again.
- At the time of online application process, you will get a unique application ID. Please use this ID in all future communications
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through online payment mode. Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking login password details should be kept ready before starting the application process.
- You need to upload the scanned images of your colour photograph (passport size) and signature in the online application form
- Image size should be less than 100 KB. Keep the name of the Image file as “pic” for photograph and “sign” for signature (No special characters allowed in the image file names)
- Submit the application form
- Print the filled-in/submitted application form and the payment receipt. [Candidates are advised to use separate email id for applying in multiple programmes]
Application Fees & Payment
- Application Fees for each programme is Rs.400/-. Candidates should pay the application fee through ONLINE PAYMENT mode only by using a Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
Submission of Application Form
- The hard copy of the Application Form generated/downloaded at the time of ONLINE application must be submitted to The Office of The Coordinator, University Research Programmes, Second Floor, Aliah University, Action Area-IIA/27, New Town, Kolkata – 700 160 latest by 28th November 2019 till 04:00 pm.
- Hard copy of all documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope super-scribing the Name of the Department Applied for and Name of the Programme (M.Phil. or Ph.D.). Submission of hard copy of the application form along with all supporting documents is mandatory