AIIMS Rishikesh announces Admission to Master of Public Health (MPH) Program 2020 (January Session)
AIIMS Rishikesh MPH Admission 2020 – School of Public Health, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh invites online applications for Entrance Examinations leading to Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Course for January 2020 Session.
About Public Health – AIIMS Rishikesh
- Public Health education for long has been expected to find solutions for multitude of Public Health problems. Existing capacity and hence output in the field of public health in India is highly inadequate to meet this need. To ensure that such critical mass of Public Health experts is built and maintained, it is recommended to strengthen training capacity of individuals working in the field of health care.
- Aim of the program is to develop best quality public health professionals to deliver outstanding health care to all through evidence based public health practice. Students from diverse disciplinary and professional backgrounds at Public Health- AIIMS Rishikesh are imparted training by using different pedagogical methods which includes problem-solving exercises, field based training including observerships in organizations working in the field of Public Health, case studies, and other interactive methods.
See: MPH Admissions 2019
AIIMS Rishikesh MPH Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration of Online Application through web portal: 03rd October 2019
- Last Date for Online Registration of Application on AIIMS: 23th October 2019
- Status of Application & Rejected application with reason for rejection: 30th October 2019
- Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application: 04th November 2019
- Allotment of Roll Nos/Admit Card on website: 09th November 2019
- Written Test through online (CBT) mode / OMR: 16th November 2019
- Expected date of declaration of Result: 22nd November 2019
- Departmental Assessment: 29th November 2019
- Final result: 03rd December 2019
Number of Seats
- Medical – 10 Seats(UR – 5, OBC- 2, SC- 1, ST -1, EWS- 1)
- Non-Medical – 10 Seats(UR -5, OBC- 2, SC -1, ST-1, EWS – 1)
- Sponsored – 10 Seats
- Total 30 Seats
- *Reservation of seats as per Government of India rules. # Number of seats is subject to change.OBC Caste Certificate to be produced during counselling should be currently valid on date of 1st Counselling.
Duration of MPH course: Full time two years course
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Rishikesh MPH Admission 2020
- Medical: M.B.B.S./BDS/AYUSH (Alternative system of Medicine in India) degree.
- Non-Medical: Bachelor’s degree in any stream.
- Sponsored: M.B.B.S./BDS/AYUSH/Health Sciences degree with three years’ experience/In-house candidate working in AIIMS Rishikesh or any other Govt. Institute
- Qualifying Degree must be obtained on or before 31 December 2019 and recognized by Medical/Dental Council of India/University Grant Commission/AICTE.
- Foreign candidates, who have their medical degrees recognized by the Medical Council of India, are required to route their applications through Government of India, Ministry of Health & family Welfare. These candidates will be required to appear for entrance test as well as interview. Vacant seats in any of the above categories may be considered for filling up from other categories.
Admission to course
- Admission to fourth batch of Master of Public Health course will commence from January 2020
- Admission to courses imparted at the Institute is made on merit on all Indian bases by holding an entrance examination by Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. Admission notice is published in leading national newspapers of India.
- Through Entrance Examination only
- Candidate would be selected for admission to the MPH program on the basis of written entrance test and personal interview/departmental assessment. Successful candidates of written entrance test would be required to appear for a personal interview.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance test then inter-se-merit for selection to course shall be determined on the basis of following:
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing in qualifying examination (MA, M.Sc. etc.) would rank junior to candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If attempts made in passing in qualifying examination (MA, M Sc.etc.) are also the same then candidate who has obtained higher marks in qualifying/B.Sc. examination shall rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If attempts made in passing said examination and marks obtained in examination are also same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.
- Indian Nationals: Rupees 1 lakh 40 thousand for a period of two years: 35,000 per semester (4 semesters) to be submitted as Rupees. International Candidates: $3000.
See: Entrance Exam Dates
AIIMS Rishikesh MPH Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidate should fill his/her online application form available on AIIMS website i.e. http://www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered, and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter. All particulars in application form must be filled carefully and legibly. All claims made in application must be supported with original documents at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have obtained their MBBS degree from a Medical College not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates in employment must forward their application through proper channel. Online Application will be treated as an advance copy of application. Application through proper channel should be sent to Director of Institute and these must reach the office of Director before closing date.
- No request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after submission of application to Institute.
- General / OBC Category: Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST/EWS Category: Rs. 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWD Candidates is exempted from any Fee
- Mode of payment: Through NEFT/RTGS
For more details, please visit AIIMS Rishikesh Website www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Virbhadra Road, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand- 249 203, India, Email: email@example.com, Phone No.: 0135-2462932, Website www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in