All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rishikesh announces Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine Admission 2020 (January Session)
AIIMS Rishikesh Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine Admission 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh invites online applications for Entrance Exams leading to Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine January 2020 Session.
AIIMS Rishikesh Certificate Course Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date for uploading of Prospectus and commencement of online registration of applications: 01st November 2019
- Last date for submitting online application forms, 17:00 h IST: 20th November 2019
- Display of eligibility status of application on website: 25th November 2019
- Appeal for review by non-eligible applicants: 27th November 2019
- Admit cards available for download from: 05th December 2019
- Written examination: 12th December 2019
- Expected date of declaration of Result: 17th December 2019
- Departmental Assessment: 20th December 2019
- Final Result: 24th December 2019
Duration of Course:
- Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine – 6 months
- Academic session will commence from 01 January 2020. Selected candidates have to join with timeline indicated by Academic Section, AIIMS Rishikesh in offer letter issued to respective candidate. No candidate will be admitted in courses in any circumstances beyond 29th February 2020 of year of admission.
Aims & Objectives
- Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine: At the end of certificate course in High Altitude Medicine, the candidate will have concept and knowledge about the following:
- Physiological effects of the high altitude environment on the human body
- Physiological basis of acclimatization to high altitude
- Pathophysiological basis of high altitude illnesses
- Treatment of high altitude illness as per internationally acceptable guidelines (The candidate must acquire the skill to diagnose and treat patients suffering HA illness)
- Strategies to prevent high altitude illness
- Guidelines for travel to high altitude for special population groups like children, pregnant women, patients with cardio-respiratory disorders
No. of Seats
- Certificate Course in High Altitude: Medicine (For Medical Candidate) Medical – 06 Seats (UR – 05, OBC – 01)
- Certificate Course in High Altitude: Medicine (For Para-Medical Candidate) Para-Medical – 06 Seats (UR – 05, OBC – 01)
See: Admission Notifications
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Rishikesh Certificate Course Admission 2020
- For Medical Candidate: MBBS OR B.A.M.S/ B.H.MS. with one year experience.
- For Paramedical Candidate: B.Sc. Nursing OR GNM with one-year experience, B.Sc. Paramedical, M.Sc. (Human Physiology).
- Candidates who are to appear in qualifying examination whose results are likely to be declared before 31st December, 2019 are also eligible to apply for Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine.
- Candidates who are due to appear at qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting results can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at the time of admission, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- Upper Age limit is 40 years as on 01st January 2020.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for OBC Candidates by a maximum of 3 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-Serviceman and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment with age relaxation by a maximum of 5 years.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats at AIIMS, Rishikesh is as follows:
- Other Backward Classes: 27%; Scheduled Caste: 15%; Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%; EWS : 10%
- If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up seats reserved for Scheduled Castes, same will be filled by candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa.
- In case suitable candidates are not available from two reserved categories, vacant seats will be filled up by candidates from general category.
- In case suitable candidates are not available in OBC reserved category, same will be filled up by candidates from general category
- For Indian Nationals, 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability shall be provided on horizontal basis, in seats advertised.
Scheme of Competitive Exams & Procedure For Selection
- Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates in Entrance Examination to be conducted in AIIMS Rishikesh.
- It is hereby informed that if any applicant provided false information solely for the purpose of appearing in examination for practice or purpose, applicant will be debarred from AIIMS Rishikesh Examination in future. Further, all selected candidates may be verified with previous data. Therefore, all applicants are required to fill application accurately.
- Entrance Examination for Certificate Course in High Altitude Medicine will be conducted in Rishikesh only.
- Seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of marks secured by the candidate sat Entrance Examination conducted by Institute through Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]/OMR.
- Entrance Examination will be conducted in English Language only
Method of Selection
- Selections for certificate course in High Altitude Medicine are made through written examination & interview.
- Stage I: Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in subject candidate has applied for. Question paper will consist of 80 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Stage II: Out of candidates who have secured 50 percentile or more marks in written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks).
- Final Selection: Final result will be declared based on total marks obtained in stage-I and Stage-II Examination.
Scheme of Marking
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in entrance examination for all courses.
- Each correct response will get a score of +1 mark; Each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3.
- No credit will be given for questions not answered or MARKED FOR REVIEW (Questions marked for Review shall be considered as Unanswered unless saved).
- More than one response will be negatively marked. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
AIIMS Rishikesh Certificate Course Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidate should fill in Online Application with utmost care and follow the instructions step by step. Candidate should fill in Online Application form correctly. Incorrect filled form will lead to rejection.
Online Registration & Submission of Application Form
- Online Registration: After selecting online registration, fill mandatory details asked for and deposit prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees fill required information step by step. Follow Instructions scrupulously. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in Registration Form.
- A candidate seeking admission to Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in prescribed format available online with Prospectus on www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in. Cost of Application Form includes fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Candidate is required to go through Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of online application form.
- Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrongly filled online Application form/Registration.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to instructions provided while filling online application. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
- SC/ST/EWS: Rs. 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- UR/OBC: 1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWD: Exempted from any fee.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Virbhadra Road, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand-249203, India, Email: email@example.com, Phone No.: 0135-2462932, Website www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in