|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Gorakhpur announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023
AIIMS Gorakhpur PhD Course Admission 2023 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Gorakhpur has started the online application process for PhD Course Admission for the Academic Session-2023
AIIMS Gorakhpur PhD Admission 2023
Duration of the Course
- The PhD course duration shall be a minimum three years for all candidates. The maximum period of course shall not exceed five years.
- Date of Opening of Application & Uploading Prospectus through the web portal: 16/04/2023
- Last date of application submission: 01/05/2023 – 5.00pm
- Applications scrutiny result-acceptance/rejection: 05/05/2023
- Last date of submission of required documents for regularization of temporarily rejected applications: 10/05/2023
- Release of Admit card for the entrance test & final center declaration to the eligible candidates via Email: 15/05/2023
- Written test at AIIMS Gorakhpur (MCQ based) Expected Dates: 01/06/2023
- Expected dates of entrance test Result declaration: 10/06/2023
- Departmental assessment: 15/06/2023
- Date of the interview before DRC: 16/06/2023
- Final result of the qualified candidates: 26/06/2023
- Enrollment, Registration in the Ph.D. program: 30/06/2023
- A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) must have prescribed educational qualifications, funding for their research projects, or have sponsorship for the entire duration of PhD as mentioned below.
Educational Qualifications for the PhD course:
- MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch.in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. Candidates who have obtained any of these degrees from medical colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India/ NMC shall not be eligible to apply.
- Note: The candidates holding MBBS/MD/MS/MDS/DM/MCh/MPhil degree only are eligible for PhD in the Medical Humanities section PhD program Session-2023.
- Candidates holding a n M.Sc. degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks in Nursing course will also be eligible for PhD admission in the College of Nursing.
- For non-medical Candidate eligibility shall be a Master degree (02-year course) awarded by UGC approved Indian University or equivalent in Medical subjects (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetics) /M-Biotech / M- Tech (biotechnology) only will be eligible in their respective concerned field. Candidates having eligibility under non- medical category should have at least 55% marks or equivalent in the last eligibility examination qualified.
- Candidates possessing Master’s Degree through distant learning courses shall not be eligible for PhD
Note: A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% (i.e. 50% ) will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled, and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in the eligibility. The eligibility marks of 55% or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures, if any.
- Applicants are advised to download the Application Form from AIIMS website.
- Please visit AIIMS Gorakhpur website www.aiimsgorakhpur.edu.in regularly for latest notifications /announcements as well as for any Addendum/ /Modification/ Corrigendum/Latest updates etc. regarding this PhD course & Entrance Examination.
- Candidates will be allocated seats in order of their merit in the exam and interview by PhD Doctoral Research Committee (DRC).
- Successful candidates will be subjected to eligibility criteria of respective projects before admission.
- Candidates should have either a sponsorship / fellowship from UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DST/DBT/similar govt. organizations. No financial aid of any sort will be provided by the institute, AIIMS Gorakhpur for research work/stipend/any other form.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat but do not join or resign after joining will not be eligible for any additional rounds of seat allocation
- General/OBC Category: Rs.1500/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST/EWS Category: Rs.1200/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWBD Candidates are exempted from any Fee
Mode of Payment
- Through NEFT OR DEMAND DRAFT only
- The demand draft should be in favor of AIIMS – Gorakhpur, payable at Gorakhpur
- Selection for PhD registration will be performance-based.
- A four-stage performance evaluation will be done as follows:
- Stage-I : 30 Marks (30 MCQs of 1 Mark each) Aptitude-related MCQs covering English (Written and verbal skills), Biostatistics, Research Methodology, Cell Biology, Lab Technology, etc.
- Stage-II: 40 Marks (40 MCQs of 1 Mark each) Subject-related comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of MD/MS/MDS/M.Sc. Entrance level.
- Total Marks (Stage I + II): 70 (30+40)
- Total Duration (Stage I + II): 90 Minutes
- Candidates must score at least 35 marks (50%) in Stages I and II (Combined) to be eligible for Stage III. Candidates who do not fulfill the criteria to qualify for stage III will not be eligible for selection
- Stage-III: After combining the marks of Stages I, II, and special weightage, three (03) times as many candidates as the number of seats in a department will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab-based assessment (carrying20 marks). These marks will be added to the marks of stages I + II + special weightage to determine the final total marks. It may include OSCE / OSPE.
- Candidates who secure 50% marks in Stage-I, II & III Combined (i.e., 50/100) [including special weightage] shall be eligible for stage IV.
- Stage-IV – RESULT: Includes personal interaction with the Board/ Doctoral Research Committee (DRC) where the candidate has to present the proposed research plan for the PhD course and its funding source. Final merit list for allotment will be based on the result of the Board interaction.
- Mode of Examination: Offline MCQ based Entrance test
- Duration of Examination: 90 Minutes
- Date of Examination proposed: 01-06-2023
- Centre of Examination: AIIMS, Gorakhpur
- Number of Shift: 01 (One)
- Language of Paper: English
- Type of Examination: Type of Objective Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: Stage I & II (30 + 40 = 70)
- Distribution of Questions: Aptitude related 30
- Correct Answer : One mark (+)1
- Incorrect Answer : Minus one-third (−)1/3
- Not Answered: 0
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website