Adesh University PhD Program 2019
Adesh University PhD Admission 2019 – Adesh University Bathinda invites online applications for admission to PhD Program 2019
- Full time- Minimum (3yrs), Maximum (4yrs)
- Part time- Minimum (4yrs), Maximum (5yrs)
Also See: PhD Admission 2019
Adesh University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Opening of online Applications 24th January 2019
- Last date of submission of online application 09th February 2019
- Last date for submission of printed copy of online application form along with demand draft of Rs.2100/- in favor of Registrar, Adesh University payable at Bathinda and photocopies of the documents. 16th February 2019
- Last date for submission of printed copy of application form along with demand draft of application fee and documents with fee of Rs. 1000/-: 22nd February 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Adesh University PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s degree in relevant subject with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC non- creamy layer/Differently Abled) in aggregate
Categories of Ph.D. Candidates
There shall be three categories of Ph.D. candidates:
- Full-time candidates
- Part-time teacher candidates (internal & external)
- Part-time non-teacher candidates (internal & external)
Full – Time Ph.D. Candidates
All eligible candidates who are admitted to the Ph.D. programme as per eligibility criteria mentioned above and pursue full-time research for Ph.D. in this university will fall in this category. A person working in Adesh University in a project sponsored by the UGC/CSIR/ICSSR/ICAR/MOEF/DST/DBT/ICMR and other funding agencies with a duration of not less than two years shall also be eligible to register for Ph.D. under this category, provided his/her Principal Investigator offers his/her consent and the candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Also See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2019
Part-Time Teacher Candidates (Internal & External)
(i) Part-Time Internal Teacher Candidates:
- The eligible candidates are those working as temporary or regular faculty members in various Departments/Colleges of this University.
(ii) Part-Time External Teacher Candidates:
- The eligible candidates are those who are working as teachers in any educational/research Institution other than Adesh University. Such candidates will have to provide the details of the research facilities as required for pursuing the programme at their parent institution and have these accredited by the concerned authorities of Adesh University or alternatively will have to carry out research work at the facilities of Adesh University. Such candidates shall provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer for pursuing Ph.D. programme at Adesh University. They will also be required to provide the detail of a Co-Supervisor from their parent institution to supervise the research work. The person to be eligible to be Co Supervisor should be a Professor or a Ph.D. degree holder with minimum five research publications.
Part–Time Non-Teacher Candidates (Internal & External)
(i) Part-Time Internal Non-Teacher Candidates:
- The eligible candidates are the permanent non-teaching staff of Adesh University with three years of service at the time of applying for the Ph.D. programme.
(ii) Part-Time External Non-Teaching Candidates:
- The eligible candidates are those working as staff in departments of state/central government, public/private/NGO sector with three years of service at the time of applying for the Ph.D. programme.
- Retired persons can also register themselves under this category, provided they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
(D) Residential Requirement (Part-Time)
- Part-time teacher and non-teacher external scholars are required to reside on campus for minimum 180 days.
- The Research Supervisor concerned will decide what constitutes “residence” and where the residential requirement is to be fulfilled, considering the nature of the study and its requirements. The Research Supervisor shall send a certificate to the Registrar to the effect that the candidate has completed 180 days of campus residential requirement when submitting the thesis.
Adesh University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Students can apply online at www.adeshuniversity.ac.in
- Before applying, candidate should carefully read information brochure for eligibility conditions and other important instructions.
For more details visit the university website: www.adeshuniversity.ac.in
Adesh University, Bathinda
(Established under Govt. of Punjab Act 6 of 2012), Adesh University Bathinda, NH-7, Barnala Road, Bathinda-151101 and Phone No.: 0164-5055208, 5055204, Website www.adeshuniversity.ac.in