XIM University Bhubaneswar announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
XIM University PhD Admission 2023 – XIM University Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to (Full/Part time) PhD Program for the academic session 2023.
XIM University PhD Admission 2023
- Last date for On-line Application: February 28, 2023
- Conducting X-RAT (Research Aptitude Test of XIM University, Bhubaneswar), and Subject Test (as relevant) : May 2023 (Tentatively)
- Presentation, and Admission Interviews : May 2023 (Tentatively)
- Declaration of Admission Results : May 2023 (Tentatively)
- Issuance of admission letter to selected candidates : May/June 2023 (Tentatively)
- Student Admission & Mentorship Program (Academic Program calendar starts immediately following this) : June 2023 (Tentatively)
- Candidates need to satisfy the following criteria to be considered eligible for doctoral studies in select schools at XIM University, Bhubaneswar as indicated below.
- Xavier Institute of Management : Master’s or equivalent degree in any discipline with minimum 60% of marks in the Master’s level.
- School of Human Resource Management : a. Full time Postgraduate or Master’s Degree from any AICTE / UGC approved institution in Human Resource Management / Psychology / Personnel Management / Labour Welfare / Industrial or Employment Relations / Business Management having at least 55% marks in aggregate. OR
- b. Master’s or equivalent degree and UGC NET qualified in Subjects like- Human Resource Management / Psychology / Personnel Management / Labour Welfare / Industrial or Employment Relations / Business Management having at least 55% marks in aggregate. OR
- c. Master’s Degree in any other discipline, from AICTE / UGC approved institutions, with minimum 60% of marks in aggregate.
- School of Rural Management : Master’s degree in any discipline or equivalent.
- School of Human Settlements : Master’s Degree in any discipline. Those from the disciplines not mentioned below may have to undertake additional coursework.
- For Ph.D- Urban Management and Governance: Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration / Management / Planning / Urban Design / Urban Development / Architecture / Sustainability / Geography / Public Policy / Political Science / Public Administration / Governance / Engineering / Technology / Public Health – and all related specializations of the above.
- For PhD-Planning: Master’s degree or equivalent in Planning / Architecture / Urban Design / Urban Development / Geography / Economics / Sociology – and all related specializations of the above.
- School of Sustainability : Master’s or equivalent degree in any discipline with minimum 60% of marks in the Master’s level.
- School of Commerce : Master’s or equivalent degree in any discipline with minimum 60% of marks in the Master’s level.
- School of Communications : Master’s degree in Communication and Journalism / Visual Communication / Communication / Electronic Media / New media / Fine Arts / Advertising and Public Relations / Broadcast Communication / Film Studies / English language and literature, OR a professional Degree in the stream of communication declared equivalent by the corresponding statutory regulatory body.
- School of Computer Science and engineering : M. Tech. / M.E. / Master Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electronics / Telecommunication / Data Science, or MBA / MS with B.Tech in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology.
- Xavier Law School : L.L.M. Degree (regular mode) from a recognized University securing an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent grade.
- Applicants have to fill up the online application form separately for the Doctoral program(s) at: www.xim.edu.in
- Upon successfully filling the online application form and paying the application processing fee, the applicant will receive the confirmation by email.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic records and SOPs. The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for XIM Research Aptitude Test (X-RAT), Subject Test (if applicable), Presentation, and Personal Interview.
- As per the modes decided and communicated. Details about X-RAT is available separately on our website. Candidates who have qualified UGC NET-JRF within three years (calculated from the date of issuance of the respective scores and the last date of application to the program) will be exempted from X-RAT. However, they will take part in the other selection processes as listed above. The coursework for the selected candidates is expected to commence from June 2023.
X-RAT Exam Pattern
- X-RAT is the Research Aptitude Test conducted by XIM University as a part of the Ph.D admission process.
- The test is used to assess some basic skills considered essential for researchers, namely writing ability, verbal ability and comprehension, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude.
- The test consists of the four sections (A, B, C, D). The time allowed for different sections are: Section A : 30 minutes, Section B : 40 minutes, Section C : 40 minutes, Section D : 40 minutes (Total : 150 minutes) .
- The total marks for the test are 100 and the total time allocated is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The questions are a mix of subjective and objective types.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website