University of Kerala announces Entrance Exam for Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply Now
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 – Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the PhD Entrance Examination 2023 (General Aptitude Test) for determining eligibility for admission to Full-time/Part-time PhD Program offered in various departments of University of Kerala for the academic session 2023.
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
1. Applied Sciences & Technology
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Futures studies
- Computational Linguistics
- Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- Technology Management
- Communication & Journalism
- Library and Information Science
5. Engineering & Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
6. Fine Arts
- Theatre Arts & Film Aesthetics for Education
8. Management Studies
- Management Studies
- Tourism Management
9. Physical Education
- Physical Education
- Aquatic Biology and Fisheries
- Demography & Population Studies
- Home Science
- Date of Publication of notification 20/08/2023
- Commencement of Submission of Application 21/08/2023
- Last date of submission of Application 19/09/2023
- Date of Issue of Hall ticket 06/10/2023
- Date of Entrance examination 21/10/2023
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Entrance Examination shall have a Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters degree of the University of Kerala in grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) based on the total marks of the qualifying degree.
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/differently abled and other categories of candidates, as per the decisions of the University/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- All Candidates seeking admission for Ph.D. Programme in a particular subject under this University shall pass the entrance test conducted by the University in the concerned subject except the following categories:
- Candidates with UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET recognized by UGC, GATE, ICAR-NET/JRF, KSCSTE, DST Women Scientist Scheme., awardees of ICMR-JRF, VSSC-JRF/ UGC-NFSC/ UGC-NFOBC/ NFPWD and research fellowships of Central and State Government Departments/agencies as approved by the University from time to time.
- M.Phil. /Ph.D. Degree and teacher fellowship holders. However, candidates who have qualified M.Phil. in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for Ph.D. would be required to qualify the Entrance Test.
- Candidates awarded with DBT-JRF in the subject Biotechnology
- Candidates are requested to visit official website of Research Portal of University of Kerala www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in
- Click on the Login/Register.
- If not registered, choose the register option and enter your name, mobile number and email number carefully. You may then click to register. An email with login credentials will be sent to the entered email id.
- If already registered, then login to the portal and complete the one-time profile as per guidelines mentioned in the portal.
- All relevant documents proving qualification and eligibility should be uploaded before submitting the profile.
- Please ensure that the details entered are correct before submission. Please note that details cannot be edited once submitted.
- Online registration can be done from 21/08/2023 to 19 /09/2023 through the portal
- For General / SEBC Candidates: Rs.1075/- (Rs.1050/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application).
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 550/- (Rs. 525/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application)
Scheme of the Test
- The general aptitude test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- Entrance test will be conducted at the centre(s) on 21st October (Saturday) and changes of centers/dates, if any, shall also be notified through the portal.
- The test comprises of two papers – Part A – Research Methodology (50%) and Part B – Subject chosen (50%).
- Pass requirement is minimum 50% marks for each part for all categories except SC/ST category whose pass requirement is 40% for each part.
- Post graduate level knowledge of the chosen subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website