University of Kerala announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program 2021, Apply now
University of Kerala PhD Admission – Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ph.D Entrance Examination 2021 (General Aptitude Test) for determining eligibility for admission to Full-time/Part-time research leading to PhD Degree at University of Kerala.
University of Kerala PhD Admission Dates 2021
- Commencement of Submission of Application: 03rd November 2021
- Last date of submission of Application: 17th November 2021
- Date of Entrance examination: 04th December 2021
University of Kerala PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Entrance Examination shall have a Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters degree of the University of Kerala in grade “B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) based on the total marks of the qualifying degree.
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/S/SEBC/differently abled and other categories of candidates, as per the decisions of the University/Stalte
- Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- All Candidates seeking admission for Ph.D. Programme in a particular subject under this University shall pass the entrance test conducted by the University in the concerned subject except the following categories:
- Candidates with UGC-NET/JRE, UGC.CSIR-NET/JRE, SLET recognized by UGC. and GATE research fellowships of Central and State Government Departments/agencies as approved by the University from time to time.
- M.Phil. /Ph.D. Degree and teacher fellowship holders. However, candidates who have qualified M.Phil. in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for Ph.D. would be required to qualify the Entrance Test.
- Candidates awarded with DBT-JRF in the subject Biotechnology.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
- Awardees of ICMR-SRF
- Scientists working in approved Research Laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or an Autonomous research Institution of National Status with seven years experience in the Scientist Grade, having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the concerned subject approved by the Board of Studies concemed.
- Teachers working in Government/Aided colleges affiliated to this University who has seven or more years of teaching
University of Kerala PhD Admission Application Process 2021
- Candidates arc requested to visit official website of Research Portal of University of Kerala: www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in or https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
- Click on the Login/Register.
- If not registered, choose rcgister option and enter your name. mobile number and email number carefully. You may then click to register. An email with login credentials will be sent to the entered email id.
- If already registered. then login to the portal and complete the one-time profile as per guidelines mentioned in the portal.
- All relevant documents proving qualification and eligibility should be uploaded before submitting the profile.
- Please ensure that the details entered are correct before submission. Please note that details cannot be edited once submitted.
- Online registration can be done from 03/11/2021 to 17/11/2021 through the portal.
- For General/ SEBC candidates: Rs.1075/- (Rs.1050/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application).
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 550/- (Rs. 525/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application)
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
Scheme of the Entrance Test
- The general aptitude test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- Entrance test will be conducted at the Centre(s) on the first Saturday of December and changes of centers/dates, if any, shall also be notified through portal and email for eligible candidates.
- The test comprises of two papers Part A – Research Methodology (50%) and Part B Subject chosen (50%).
- Pass requirement is minimum 50% marks for each part for all categories except SC/ST category whose pass requirement is 40% for each part.
- Post graduate level knowledge of the chosen subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate.
For more details and apply please visit the official website