Sri Ramachandra University Chennai announces Admission to PhD Program for April 2023 Session, Apply now
Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2023 – Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Full-time and Part-time PhD Programme offered under various faculties for the academic session commencing in April 2023.
Sri Ramachandra University PhD Admission 2023
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Medicine;
- Faculty of Pharmacy;
- Faculty of Nursing;
- Faculty of Physiotherapy;
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences;
- Faculty of Biomedical Sciences & Technology;
- Faculty of Management Sciences;
- Faculty of Public Health;
- Faculty of Clinical Research; and
- Faculty of Sports & Exercise Sciences.
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Categories of PhD Program
- Full time (Stipendiary/Fellowship holders);
- Full time (Self-Funded – Non-Stipendiary)
- Part Time: Internal;
- Part Time: External; and
- Part Time: Internal Independent
Duration of the PhD Program
- Full – Time Candidates : 3 years
- Full – Time Candidates with (a) MD/ MS/ DNB/ MDS/ DM/ M.Ch. qualifications (b) M.Tech./M.E in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering Management or Technology Management : 2 years
- Part Time Candidates : 4 years
- Part-Time Candidates with (a) MD/ MS/ DNB/ MDS /DM/ M.Ch. Qualifications (b) M.E./M.Tech. in various disciplines of Engineering & Technology : 3 years
- Issue of Advertisement : 09th January 2023 (Monday)
- Submission of Online Application : 30th January 2023 (Monday)
- Entrance Examination : 20th February 2023 (Monday)
- Interview : 20th February 2023 (Monday)
- Announcement of Ph.D. Result : *03th March 2023 (Friday)
- Ph.D. Counselling : *13th March 2023 (Monday) & *14th March 2023 (Tuesday)
- Submission of Provisional Application Form : *27th March 2023 (Monday)
- Issue of Provisional Registration: *03th March 2023 (Monday)
- Commencement : *10th March 2023 (Monday)
Faculty of Medicine
- A candidate who has passed D.M./M.Ch./M.D./M.S./PG Diploma in the Faculty of Medicine/Diplomate in National Board (DNB) qualification/M.Sc. (Medical) Degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate in PG Programs.
- A candidate holding MBBS degree within two years of completing their Degree from NMC recognized medical colleges, passing all MBBS examinations in the first attempt with 60% or more aggregate marks from an institute which is recognized by the National Medical Commission and holding ICMR Nurturing Clinical Scientists (NCS) Scheme Fellowship.
- A candidate holding a master’s degree in sciences and technology which is recognized by UGC with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale or any equivalent grade in PG Program and registering under a supervisor in the Faculty of Medicine.
Faculty of Dental Sciences
- A candidate who has passed Master’s Degree in Dental Surgery (MDS) examination in different branches/specialities with at least 55% marks in aggregate in PG Program.
- BDS candidates within two years of completing their Degree, passing all BDS examinations in the first attempt with 60% or more aggregate marks from an Institute which is recognized by the Dental Council of India and holding ICMR Nurturing Clinical Scientists (NCS) Scheme Fellowship.
Faculty of Pharmacy
- A candidate who has passed a Master’s Degree in Pharmacy (M.Pharm.) Examination in various branches/specialities/Pharm.D with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale or any equivalent grade in PG Program.
Faculty of Nursing
- A candidate who has passed M.Phil.(Nursing) or Master’s Degree in Nursing (M.Sc. Nursing) Degree Examination in different branches/specialities from a University which is recognized by UGC and Indian Nursing Council with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale or any equivalent grade in PG Program.
- The candidate must have a minimum of one year teaching or Clinical experience after M.Sc. (Nursing) for enrolment in Ph.D. in Nursing.
More eligibility details check on website https://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/university/admissions.php?pos=5
- Eligible & Interested candidates can apply online through the official website www.sriramachandra.edu.in
- Candidates applying for PhD program under Full-Time (seeking Founder Chancellor Shri N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar Fellowships) and Part-Time (internal and external) categories will have to qualify through the entrance exam.
- Application Fee : Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable)
- Admission through Online Entrance Examination (Written Test and Interview): Candidates wishing to apply for admission to Ph.D. program under Full Time (seeking Founder- Chancellor Shri N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar Fellowships) and Part Time (internal and external) categories will have to qualify through online entrance examination.
- Performance of the candidate will be calculated on the marks obtained in a written test (70% weightage) and interview (30% weightage).
- Admission through Online Counseling:- Candidates with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST/ NET-JRF/AICTE-GATE/AYUSH/INSPIRE Fellowship or JRF/SRF fellows in funded research projects of this Deemed University will be called directly for counseling and admission.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website