National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal announces Admission to PhD Program for December 2022 session, Apply now
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal invites application for admission to the PhD programs in full-time (FT) and part-time (PT) modes offered in the various Departments of the Institute for the academic session beginning in December 2022.
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offered
The Ph.D. Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in the following Departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management
- Announcement of inviting Applications: 14th November 2022
- Last date to receive applications: 4th December 2022
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates for Written Test: 12th December 2022
- Dates of Written Test/Interview: 20th to 24th December 2022
- Announcement of Selected Candidates: 28st December 2022
- Dates of physical Reporting of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission: 4th to 5th, January 2023
- First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ BCNCL category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ ST/ PwD category.
- Engineering Departments: Master’s/ M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study. All candidates must have qualified in GATE (not a compulsion for part-time scholars). OR
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
- Science Departments: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry)/ B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree. All candidates must have qualified in GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ INSPIRE/ NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
- Humanities: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of English. All candidates must have qualified in GATE/ UGC/ NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
- School of Management: Master’s degree in Business Administration. All candidates must have qualified in CAT/ GATE/ UGC-NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
- Application form is to be submitted online which is available at https://admissions.nitw.ac.in/
- All the necessary documents are to be uploaded online.
- The link to pay registration fee available on the website:
- Other payments like mobile payments (IMPS), NEFT, RTGS and direct transfer will not be accepted. If paid by any chance, it will not be refunded. Do not use mobile applications to make the payment.
- For OP/EWS/OBC Candidates : Rs.1600/-
- For SC /ST /PWD Candidates : Rs.800/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- Selection will be based on Written test / Interview.
- The candidates selected for admission into Ph.D under Full-Time program are eligible to receive institute fellowship as per MHRD rules.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website