National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar announces Admission to M.Tech Program 2021
NIT Silchar M.Tech Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar invited applications for Admission to M.Tech Programs under Sponsored (Full Time & Part-Time)/Project Staff/Institute Employee Category for the Academic Year 2021-2022.
Interested candidates can check details on NIT Silchar M.Tech Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till August 20, 2021.
M. Tech Programs offered
- Geotechnical Engineering (04)
- Structural Dynamics & Earthquake Engineering (04)
- Structural Engineering (04)
- Transportation Engineering (04)
- Water Resources Engineering (04)
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering (04)
- Artificial Intelligence (04)
- Control & Industrial Automation (04)
- Power & Energy System Engineering (04)
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Communication & Signal Processing Engineering (04)
- Microelectronics & VLSI Design (04)
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering (02)
- CAD-CAM & Automation (02)
- Design and Manufacturing (04)
- Materials & Manufacturing Technology (02)
- Thermal Engineering. (04)
- Renewable Energy (02)
NIT Silchar M.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form is : 20th August 2021
- Selection procedure: 26th – 27th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Silchar M.Tech Admission 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area, with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale with a valid GATE score in the appropriate area. A relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 in CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale, as the case may be, may be extended to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories. However, the concerned Departments may specify additional requirements over and above these minimum requirements. GATE score for candidates seeking admission under various foreign students’ schemes as well as other than Regular (Full-time) is not mandatory.
- (a) Sponsored (Full-time) : A candidate, in this category, is sponsored by a govt/semi-govt/public sector organization for admission on a full-time basis. He/she must be a regular employee of the concerned organization and have at least one year of working experience in the respective field/area at the time of application. Sponsorship letter (Form I) needs to be attached along with the application for consideration.
- (b) Sponsored (Part-time) : This category refers to the candidates who are professionally employed and can attend classes at the Institute while employed. These students need to attend regular classes as per the class schedule. The applicant must be a regular employee of a govt/semi-govt/public sector organizations with at least one year of experience at the time of application, and be engaged in professional works related to the discipline in which admission is sought. A no objection
- certificate (Form II) needs to be enclosed along with the application.
- (c) Project Staff : This category refers to the candidates who are working on sponsored projects in the Institute and desires to join the Program as a part-time student. The left-over duration of the project at the time of admission needs to be at least one year. A no objection certificate (Form III-A) is to be attached with the application.
- (d) Institute Employees : A regular employee of the Institute may be sponsored as a part-time student by the Director, on recommendation of the Head of the Department/section in which the employee is working. The employee must have completed at least two years of continuous service in the Institute at the time of admission. A no objection certificate (Form III-B) is to be attached with the application.
NIT Silchar M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Process
- The candidates may download the application form and guidelines from the institute website (www.nits.ac.in).
- The filled-in application form along with required enclosures and the printout of the registration fee payment proof should reach “The Office of the Dean(Academic), National Institute of Technology Silchar – 788 010, Assam” before 5:00 pm on or before 20th August 2021 in a sealed cover super-scribing “Application for M. Tech” Programmes under Sponsored Category/Project Staff/Institute Employee for 2021-2022.
- Scanned copy of the Application form complete in all respects and the receipt/payments details must be emailed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, the subject line should be Application for M. Tech. (Sponsored/Project Staff/Institute employee) Program 2021-2022 on or before 20th August 2021.
- The candidates are advised to give their latest contact numbers /email ids in the application form. The detailed information about the programme may be seen at www.nits.ac.in/academics/info/Regulations/MTech_Regulation2019.pdf
- For Gen/GenEWS/OBC : Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) non-refundable
- For SC/ST/PwD Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty)
- Mode of Payment : Only through State Bank Collect (SB Collect at State Bank of India)
- The admission to M. Tech. Programs will be based on performance during the selection process by the respective Departments. Mere call for an interview does not guarantee admission. The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications or it may amend any of the clauses above as per orders of the competent authority/ Government of India.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website