Karnatak University Dharwad announces Entrance Test for PhD Admission 2022 – Eligibility, Dates, Application Process
Karnatak University PhD Admission 2022 – Karnatak University invites application n the prescribed form for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for the academic year 2022
Karnataka University PhD Admission 2022
- Issue of Application Form : 18th April 2022
- Last date for the receipt of application : 09th May 2022
- Date of Entrance Test : 19th May 2022
- Announcement of the List of Qualified Candidates : 27th May 2022
- Date of Interview : 06th June 2022
- Meeting of the Doctoral Committee of all Faculties : 13th to 22nd June 2022
- Any candidate who has obtained a Postgraduate Degree from a recognized University including foreign candidates (sponsored by their Embassies) and sponsored candidates securing minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I/Physically challenged candidates) at the Post-Graduate Degree shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Program.
- In case of candidates appointed on regular basis prior to 31st March, 1992 as teachers, Librarians and Physical Education personnel in Colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks shall be 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I/) provided they (employees) are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.
- If the results of a Master’s Degree are declared in the form of Grades/Credits/ Cumulative Points in their marks cards/ transcripts, such Grades/Points shall be converted into percentages to assess the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Application form and the Bank challan (bank challan should be downloaded and printed in legal size paper) from the website www.kud.ac.in and the duly filled-in application form, along with all enclosures (including the original copy of the challan for application processing fee and Entrance Test fee if applicable) shall be submitted to the chairman of the concerned
- For General Student : Rs.2200/-
- For SC/ST/Cat-I full time candidates only : Rs. 1100/-
- For Foreign students : Rs. 4400/-
- Account No. :
- State Bank of India : 11605259865 IFSC Code: SBIN0001728
- Syndicate Bank :1206216000030 IFSC Code: SYNB0001206
- All the applicants possessing the minimum percentage of marks at their P.G. Degree as specified in Regulations 1.1 and 1.2 shall appear for the Entrance Test
- However, (a) Govt. Sponsored foreign candidates, (b) candidates who have cleared the UGC/UGC-CSIR / JRF Test/ NET/SLET (Karnataka)/GATE/ GRE/M Phil (Admitted through an Entrance Test) shall be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have cleared UGC/UGC-CSIR JRF Test/ NET /SLET (Karnataka)/ GATE/ GRE/ M Phil (Admitted through an Entrance Test) Exam willing to appear for the Entrance test should apply separately.
- Maximum Marks for Entrance Test : 100 marks
- Nature of Questions :Multiple Choice Questions
- Syllabus for Entrance Test : Research Methodology and Cognate/Core subjects of the P.G. Department conducting the Entrance Test
- Number of Questions : 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark : 50% of the questions shall be from Research Methodology and the remaining 50% from the cognate/core subjects.
- The 50 Questions on Research Methodology shall consist of data interpretation, language comprehension and test of reasoning. The other 50 Questions shall be based on the current PG syllabus of cognate / core subjects.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 120 minutes
- Venue of Entrance Test : Exam Section and Dr. R.C. Hiremath Institute of Kannada Studies, K.U. Dharwad
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website