IIT Patna M.Tech Program Admission 2022 – Eligibility, Dates, Fees, Selection Process
IIT Patna M Tech Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Patna invites applications for admission to 2 years Master of Technology (M.Tech) Programs for the academic session starting in July 2022.
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2022
- Mathematics and Computing
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Communication System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Power and Control Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
Categories of M.Tech. Students
- Regular (Full –Time)
- Sponsored (Full –Time)
- Project Staff
IIT Patna M Tech Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Start Date of On-line Application : 29th March 2022
- Closing Date of On-line Application : 20th April 2022
IIT Patna M Tech Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Regular & Full time
- The program is open to candidates of all categories with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / M Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc.) and having a valid GATE score. All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech. degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 8.0) must be GATE qualified with valid GATE score. Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech. Programme of the Institute shall have to possess a minimum of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) for General/OBC/EWS categories and 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale) for SC/ST categories in the final qualifying examination. All selected candidates have to produce the certificate with regard to the marks secured in the final qualifying examination by 31-10-2022.
- Candidates should note that if both CPI/CGPA and percentage are indicated in the transcript/marksheet of the qualifying degree then only CPI/CGPA shall be taken into account for determining eligibility.
- The eligibility and the GATE papers for the M.Tech. programmes are given below:
- M.Tech. in Mechatronics : B.Tech./B.E. degree in Mechanical / Production /Aerospace/ Electrical/Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering or MSc in Electronics and Instrumentation and valid GATE score in ME, PI, AE, EE, EC, IN, PH, XE.
- M.Tech. in Mathematics and Computing : M.Sc. in Mathematics/Statistics/Mathematics & Computing or Equivalent or B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/IT/ECE/Aerospace Engineering/Maths & Computing or Equivalent and a valid GATE score in MA, CS, EC.
- M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering : B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology and a valid GATE score in CS.
- M.Tech. in Communication System Engineering : B.Tech./B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication and a valid GATE score in EC.
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering : B.Tech./B.E. in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Automobile, Production, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering and a valid GATE score in AE, ME and PI.
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering : B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction Engineering with valid GATE score in CE
- M.Tech. in Materials Science & Engineering : B.Tech./B.E. degree in Metallurgy, Ceramic, Polymer Science /Technology, Plastics Science/Technology, Rubber Science/Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering/Technology, Nanotechnology, Materials Science/ Engineering OR MSc./Equivalent in Physics, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Polymer Science/Technology, Plastics Science/Technology , Rubber Science, Chemical Engineering/Technology, Nanotechnology, Materials Science/ Engineering. All candidates must have a valid GATE score in one of these GATE paper codes MT, CH, ME, PH, CY and XE (only candidates who opted for either Materials Science or Polymer Science and Engineering section).
- M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded Systems : B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(Engineering) degree in Electrical/Electronics/Communication/Instrumentations Engineering/Computer Science & Engineering with Valid GATE score in one of EE,EC,IN,CS discipline. OR M.Sc. (Physics/Electronics) with valid GATE score in EC, IN.
- M.Tech in Power and Control : B.Tech in Electrical/Electrical and Electronics/Control and Instrumentation Engineering with a valid GATE score in EE, IN
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering : B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction Engineering with valid GATE score in CE
- M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering : B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction Engineering with valid GATE score in CE
IIT Patna M Tech Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates are required to submit applications offline.
- They should use the form available in the IIT Patna website at the following link: https://www.iitp.ac.in/acad/admission.php
- The candidates are required to send application duly signed along with self attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /Relevant certificate, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment to the following address to reach latest by 27.04.2022.
- “The Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta, Kanpa Road, District – Patna, Bihar, PIN – 801106”.
- For GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL Category : Rs 300/- (Rs 150/- for Female)
- For SC/ST/PwD Category : Rs 150/- (Rs 150/ for Female)
- Mode of Payment : Online through SBI Collect
- Selection is based on performance in GATE for Regular and Full time category this year. For other categories (Project Staff, Parttime and Sponsored), written test/interview shall be conducted.
For more details & apply online, please visit the official website
- M Tech Entrance Exams 2022
- Admission Notifications and Dates 2022
- Engineering Entrance Exam Notifications 2022