Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar announces Admission to PhD Programs 2023-24 (Special), Apply now
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24 (Semester I)
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs offered
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cognitive Science
- Earth Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Application deadline: 25 March 2023
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates (tentative): 29 March 2023
- Written Examinations/Interviews: 15-21 April 2023
- Result announcement (tentative): 26 April 2023
- At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech./BS (IISc, IISER)/BS-MS (IISER) or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum at Institute level.
- For discipline wise minimum eligibility criteria, please click here. The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for short listing besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://iitgn.ac.in/ & https://iitgn.ac.in/admissions/phd
- All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline.
- After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form.
- Please save the application form. You need to furnish a hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of the interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- For General & Others Category : Rs. 300/-
- For SC/ST/PD Category : Rs. 150/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and/or interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
- Students joining the PhD program as regulars (RR) may be considered for the Institute Fellowship (subjected to availability of fund) based on the following norms:
- Candidates with qualifications in any of the points (a-f) mentioned below are eligible for a monthly fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET/GATE Qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Courses (B.Tech/B.E.) with NET/GATE Qualification or Postgraduate Degree in Professional Courses (M.Tech/M.E. etc)
- BTech degree from a CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with CPI at least 8.0 (on a scale of 10).
- MSc/MA from IITs with CPI at least 8.0 (on a scale of 10)
- BS from IISc with CPI at least 6.4 (on a scale of 8)
- BS-MS from IISERs with CPI at least 8.0 (on a scale of 10)
- BS from IISERs with CPI at least 8.0 (on a scale of 10)
- After successful completion of two years in a regular PhD programme, a PhD candidate may be eligible for a monthly fellowship of Rs. 35,000/-.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023