Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore announces Admission to PhD Program 2022
IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2022 – The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic session 2021.
IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Online Applications Open : 11st October, 2021 09:00 am
- Online Applications Close : 05th November, 2021 05:30 pm
- Interviews (if the situation permits) : 22nd to 26th November 2021 tentative
Eligibility Criteria for IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2022
- You may apply if:
(a) you have qualified for JRF in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam (June 2019 onwards), or
(b) scored 97 percentile or above in the JEST (2021), or
(c) scored 98 percentile or above in GATE (2020 onwards)
- Note: Scores must be valid at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying for the IIA-PhD program based on their GATE / JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST. (Please refer to the GATE / JEST score card for T & R)
- Important: Our admission criteria also requires the candidate to have scored aggregate of 60% marks or above throughout his/her academic career.
- Candidates who have obtained their last degree (qualifying degree) before 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Maximum 25 years as on January 01, 2022.
IIA Bangalore PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iiap.res.in/
- Eligible candidates are required to first register on our site. Please enter your name and provide a valid e-mail address for registration.
- Please provide all details of the marks/GPA for all examinations taken so far. Please normalize the GPA to 100%, i.e., if the GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10 etc.
- Please verify that you have filled in your postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers correctly. If you are called for an interview, the call letter will be sent to email.
- Uploading scanned documents please ensure that all scanned documents are clear and readable.
- For any queries please contact: email@example.com
- Initial screening will be conducted based on the overall academic performance.
- Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. Original documents of all academic records (mark sheets, certificates etc.) must be produced upon demand.
- If any information is found to have been falsified in the online application, it will lead to automatic and immediate disqualification of the candidate.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website