Indian Institute of Astrophysics Admission 2021 Dates, Courses, Application Form
IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2021 – The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore invites application from highly motivated student for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered jointly with Pondicherry Central University and Integrated M.Tech-PhD offered jointly with University of Calcutta for the academic session 2021.
- IIA conducts the following Postgraduate programs leading to PhD degrees:
- PhD Program – Jointly with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- Integrated M.Tech. – PhD Program in collaboration with University of Calcutta, Kolkata
IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Applications Open :- 14th June 2021
- Online Applications Close :- 13th July 2021 05:30 pm
- Interviews (if the situation permits) :- 19th to 23rd July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2021
- You may apply if :
- You have qualified for JRF in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam (Dec 2018 onwards), or
- Scored 97 percentile or above in the JEST (2020 onwards), or
- Scored 98 percentile or above in GATE (2019 onwards)
- Note: Scores must be valid at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying for the IIA-Ph.D program based on their GATE / JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST.
- Note: Percentile = [(T-R)/T]*100, where T = Total number of candidates, and R = All India Rank.
- Please refer to the GATE / JEST score card for T & R.
- Important: Our admission criteria also requires the candidate to have scored aggregate of 60% marks or above throughout his/her academic career.
- Candidates who have obtained their last degree (qualifying degree) before 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Maximum 25 years as on July 01, 2021.
IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iiap.res.in/
- Please enter your name and a valid email address for registration. A welcome message with further instructions will be sent to the email address
- Instructions for filling out the Application for
- Please provide all details of the marks/GPA for all examinations taken so far. Please normalize the GPA to 100%, i.e., if the GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10 etc.
- If you are currently studying in a degree programme, please mention the expected date of its completion and enter the marks up to the last examination for which the marks are available
- If you have studied in a college, please mention both the name of the college and the name of the university to which it is affiliated.
- Please verify that you have filled in your postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers correctly. If you are called for an interview, the call letter will be sent to email.
- Please keep scanned copies of your recent photograph (jpg / png/ jpeg formats only; sizes preferably less than 250 kb ), mark sheets and certificates (pdfs only ; sizes preferably less than 250 kb ) ready. You will be prompted to upload them on the final preview page. If called for the interview you will be asked to bring originals of the relevant documents for verification.
- For any queries please contact: email@example.com
- Initial screening will be conducted based on the overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. Original documents of all academic records (mark sheets, certificates etc.) must be produced upon demand. If any information is found to have been falsified in the online application, it will lead to automatic and immediate disqualification of the candidate.
- The interview will be held online (by audio-visual /audio means) or in Bangalore
- In case of difficulty in holding the interview, candidates will be selected based on their academic record.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website