Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati announces Admission to PhD Programs for December 2021 Session
IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in various Departments for academic sessions commencing in December 2021.
Read ahead for details such as the application process, important dates, fee, and more for IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
Department Offering PhD Program
- Computer Science and Engineering; Electronics and Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Biosciences and Bioengineering; Chemical Engineering; Design; Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Humanities and Social Sciences; Energy; Environment; Nanotechnology; Rural Technology; Linguistic Science and Technology; Doctoral Program in Interdisciplinary Research
IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Application Process: Ongoing
- Application Submission Process Ends on: November 08, 2021 (5 pm)
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2021
- For receiving assistantship in PhD programs in all disciplines, candidates must qualify a national level examination like GATE, CEED, UGC/CSIR NET-JRF in addition to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria for the respective disciplines as specified in the following:
- Should have Passed Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences/Pharmacy in a relevant area with a minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of either 6.0 or 60% of marks
- Should have passed a Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences or equivalent in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of either 7.0 or 70% of marks
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutions such as UGC/IIT/IISc./IISER/IIIT, etc
- For more details on eligibility criteria, check the University Website
IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.iitg.ac.in
- Applications are to be submitted online. Under the same login, you have the option to apply to multiple departments/centres
- However, for each department/centre you need to pay the application fee separately.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms before applying, please carefully go through the information given on the official website.
- All Female Candidates – Rs.150/-
- All Transgender Candidates – Rs.150/-
- All SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates – Rs.150/-
- All Other Candidates – Rs.300/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet banking
- Selection will be based on written tests and/ or interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website