IIT Bombay Postgraduate and PhD Program Admission 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Application Process
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2022 – Applications are invited ONLINE for admission to the Ph.D., M.Tech., M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree), M.Sc. Ph.D.(Dual Degree) (Energy), Master in Public Policy (MPP), M.S. by Research (CS & CMInDs), MA+Ph.D (Dual Degree) in Philosophy in the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences and Master of Arts by Research (MA.Res.) for the Academic Year 2022-23 starting from July 2022.
Check complete details on IIT Bombay Postgraduate and PhD Admission 2022 form the page below.
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2022
- M.Tech.+ PhD (Dual Degree)
- M.Sc.PhD (Dual Degree) (Energy)
- Master in Public Policy (MPP)
- M.S. by Research (CS & CMInDs),
- MA+PhD (Dual Degree) in Philosophy in the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master of Arts by Research (MA.Res.)
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Online Application Submission (M.Tech./M.Tech.+Ph.D.(Dual Degree)/M.S. by Research (Computer Science & Engg. Dept, and Data Science and Artificial Intelligence in CMInDs.)) : 21st March to 12th April 2022
- Online Application Submission (Ph.D.) : 23rd March to 11th April 2022
- Online Application Submission (MA+Ph.D (Dual Degree) in Philosophy) : 25th March to 19th April 2022
- Online Application Submission (Master of Arts by Research (MA.Res.)) : 30th March to 27th April 2022
- Online Application Submission (Master in Public Policy (MPP)) : 05th April to 28th April 2022
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology
- Master’s or equivalent degree in science
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Arts/Commerce (or allied subjects)
- For qualifying degree listed under (2), (3) & (4), candidates must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements:
- Valid GATE/CEED/score
- Selected through National Eligibility Test – UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship)
- Selected through a National level examination conducted by MHRD or its agencies /Institutions such as UGC/ IIT/ IISc./ IISER/ IIIT etc.
- Selected provisionally for the DSTINSPIRE Fellowship (provisional award letter to be produced)
- Minimum of TWO years of professional experience (acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought)
- B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engineering) / Bachelor of Architecture /Bachelor of Planning/M.Sc. / M.C.A. /MBBS (Medicine) / BDS (Dental), B.Pharm/ B.V.Sc., B.P.Th. ,B.O.Th., B.ASLP, Pharma. D (Duration 4 years or more)
- recognized equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. earned through Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India,
- Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals, etc.).
M.S. by Research ( Computer Science and Engineering)
- Eligibility for admission to the M.S. by Research programme will be identical to that for M. Tech. in CSE. A detailed clarification of the eligibility criteria for M.S. by Research and M.Tech programmes in CSE are provided in TableA.3 of the M.Tech. Information brochure.Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in any engineering discipline. OR
- M.Sc. or equivalent in any science discipline. OR
- MCA (with undergraduate B.Sc. degree in Physics & Mathematics or BCA) or equivalent
- Valid GATE score (CS) is required for all applicants except those having B.Tech. Degree in CS/CSE from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.00 (on 010 scale) or above
- Admissions into the M.S. programme will be in TA/TAP and RAP categories. The TA/TAP and RAP stipends will be the same as for M. Tech. For both the categories, stipends will be given for a maximum of 36 months or until thesis submission, whichever is earlier.
M.S. by Research (Data Science and Artificial Intelligence in CMInDs)
- B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in any engineering discipline.
- M.Sc. or equivalent in any science discipline.
- MCA (with Physics & Mathematics at B.Sc. level) or equivalent
- Valid GATE score (any engineering discipline) is required for all applicants except commissioned officers of the armed forces and those having B.Tech. Degree from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.00 (on 010 scale) and above.
- The Center may additionally conduct an interview or written test to further shortlist the candidates
Master of Arts By Research (MA.Res.)
- Candidates must have one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree of three years (such as a BA, BSc, BCom or other degrees 10+2+3) OR
- A 4year Bachelor’s degree (such as BA, BS, BTech 10+2+4) OR
- An earlier postgraduate degree (such as an MA, MSc: 10+2+3+2).
- Candidates must meet the minimum percentage criterion in their qualifying degree as per the institute norms (GN/EWS/OBCNC 60% and SC/ST/PwD 55%; or a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.0 on the scale of 010; or an equivalent to 6.0 or other corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than 010.)
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score/qualification in the GATE XH paper; qualification in other GATE papers may be considered if the candidate otherwise has the necessary educational background for the programme.
MA+Ph.D (Dual Degree) in Philosophy in the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/Bcom/BS/Bsc/BE/ B.Tech.), 10+2+3/4, in any discipline with 60% marks (or first class as specified by the university) for GN/EWS/OBC(NC) and 55% for SC/ ST/ PwD categories.
Master in Public Policy (MPP)
- A 2 years Master’s degree or a 4year Bachelor’s degree (post 10+2) in Arts, Commerce, or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD) or/*equivalent letter grade/ GPA from a recognized institution or deemed university (as recognized by AICTE/UGC/AIU)
- A 2 years M.Sc./ M.S/M.Tech degree or a 4year B.Sc/B.S/B. Tech/B.Arch degree (post 10+2) or *equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD) or equivalent letter grade/ GPA from a recognized institution or deemed university (as recognized by AICTE/UGC/AIU).
M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Dual Degree)
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programs are also eligible for M.Tech.+Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. Programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application.
M.Sc. Ph.D. (Dual Degree) (Energy)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum three years duration, with any one of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years/four semesters and any one of the remaining two subjects for at least
- one year/ two semesters. Admissions will be on the basis of JAM scores. No interviews for M.Sc. Ph.D. admissions.
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply to all the courses at IIT Bombay online through the official website https://www.iitb.ac.in/
- Candidates can submit multiple applications, if he/she wishes to apply to more than one Programme by paying a separate application fee.
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information available on the University website.
- MA+Ph.D (Dual Degree) in Philosophy in the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences : Students will enter the programme through DEEP (Dualdegree Entrance Examination in Philosophy), which will consist of a written examination for 3 hours, followed by an interview of the shortlisted candidates
- Master of Arts By Research (MA.Res.) : Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria and who meet the requisite GATEXH cutoff (to be declared at a later date) shall appear for the MA by Research Admissions Test (MAAT2022). Information about the structure of the admission test will be made available in April 2022.
- Candidates who qualify in the Admissions Test will be invited to appear for an interview.
- The final selection will be based on the composite of MAAT2022 score, the interview performance and the GATE score
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website