Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali announces Admission to PhD Program 2022, Apply now
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD Program in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences for the academic session beginning in August 2022
Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas can check details on IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2022 from the page below.
PhD Program Specialization
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
IISER Mohali PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Application Process: Ongoing
- Online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, March 25, 2022 (Friday).
IISER Mohali PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-JRF/ CSIR or UGC-NET (LS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ DST- INSPIRE/ NBHM qualified in the relevant subject or other national-level fellowship sponsored by private or state agencies
Detailed criteria set by each department are as follows:
- Biological Sciences: The applicant should have a Master’s degree/ B.Tech/MBBS/ M.Tech/ /M. Pharm with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be CSIR or UGC-JRF / ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ DST- INSPIRE /GATE/ICAR-NET/CSIR or UGC NET-LS qualified in the relevant subject.
- Chemical Sciences: Master’s degree in Chemical sciences, Physical and Biochemical sciences or M.Tech / M.Pharm in biotechnology/ nanotechnology or any other relevant subject with a good academic record (at least a high second class). The applicant should be CSIR or UGC- JRF / ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ DST INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject. Those who are GATE and NET-LS qualified will also be considered depending on the availability of Institute fellowships. The research interests of the candidates will be given due consideration while assigning an available advisor/supervisor for the doctoral thesis work. Accordingly, additional information may be sought from the candidates shortlisted for the interview. The candidates must check their email periodically and provide necessary information, if asked, failing which may lead to the cancellation of their application.
- Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Master’s degree/ B.Tech / M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be CSIR or UGC-JRF / ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- Mathematical Sciences: Master’s degree or equivalent B. Tech degree with a good academic record (at least a high second class)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences / Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Geophysics/Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Mathematics / Remote Sensing / Computer Sciences / Artificial Intelligence /Data Sciences and should have GATE/ CSIR or UGC-LS & JRF / DST-Inspire fellowship.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: An applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology/ Anthropology / Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Urban Studies / English Literature in the areas of Trauma Studies, Scatology Studies, and Science-in- theatre/fiction / Development Studies / South Asian studies / Economics / Labour Studies / Public Policy Studies / Feminist Geography / Labour Geography and Critical Infrastructure Studies.
IISER Mohali PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in.
- Apart from applying online, an applicant SHOULD send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Geography, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website