Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 January Session
IIITDM PhD Admission – Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) Kancheepuram, Chennai invites online applications for admission to Ph.D Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session commencing in January 2023.
IIITDM PhD Admission 2023
- The Institute offers Ph.D. programs in the disciplines of:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- English and Interdisciplinary Product Design
- Portal for submission of online application along with requisite fees Open : 05th September 2022
- Last Date for submission of online application with requisite fee amount : 10th October 2022
- Tentative dates of test/interview through online (for short listed candidates)
- Computer Science and Engineering : 01st November 2022
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) : 02nd November 2022
- Mechanical Engineering : 03rd November 2022
- Interdisciplinary Product Design : 04th November 2022
- Announcement of selected candidates on website (www.iiitdm.ac.in) : 18th November 2022
- Acceptance of the offer for Ph.D through email. : 25th November 2022
- Physical Reporting and Enrollment. : 15th December 2022
Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree):
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- BE/B.Tech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale / 80% marks or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and have a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with an excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology or 5 year integrated Masters with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences/Arts with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM/DAE-JEST or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under External category
- The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for Regular (full time) category.
Education qualification for admission to PhD program in different departments/discipline
- An applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. program of the Institute.
- Biomedical Engineering : Master’s degree in any area of Engineering. Candidates with Master’s in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Physics are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in any area of Science. Candidates with Master’s in any branch of Life Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are particularly encouraged to apply. Master’s in Science must have qualified in GATE or any other national level examinations such as CSIR-JRF, UGC JRF, DBT-JRF, and ICMR-JRF.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Veterinary Sciences.
- Computer Science and Engineering : Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering /Information Technology. (Candidates with only MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) : Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering /
- Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area relevant to the research
- Interdisciplinary Product Design : Master’s (ME /M.Tech. /M.Des. /M. Arch./MBA) or equivalent in any discipline
- MS / M.Sc. or equivalent in any Science discipline with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM /DAE-JEST.
- Mechanical Engineering : Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Thermal Engineering / Aerospace Engineering /Automobile Engineering / Energy Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Instrumentation / Maintenance Management /Metallurgical Engineering / Production / Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics.
- Mathematics : Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science.
- Physics : M. Sc in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Material Science/Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M. Tech in Solid State Technology / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Interested candidates can apply online in the link provided in the institute website http://iiitdm.ac.in/
- The candidates are also required to upload the scanned copy self-attested documents.
- Only online application is accepted and the candidates are advised to take a print of their application and keep the same for the record.
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Male : Rs 500/-
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Female : 250/-
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Transgender : Rs.250/-
- For SC/ST & PwD Male/ Female/transgender : Rs.250/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect
For HTRA/NHTRA/Project Category
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for a test/ interview.
- Selection will be purely based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and/or interview.
- All rules and regulations as given in the PhD Ordinance are available on the institute website and other guidelines issued by the institute/MoE from time to time are applicable to Scholars of all Categories.
For EXTERNAL Category
- External candidates are required to submit a detailed research proposal along with their application indicating there is a Supervisor available for guidance in the parent Organization/Industry.
- The proposal should have been approved by the research Organization/Industry in which the candidate is employed.
- The Organization/Industry should be allowing the candidate to carry out the research where he/she is employed.
- The proposal will be scrutinized by the respective Dept. before shortlisting for an interview.
- Candidates are required to attend an interview conducted by the respective Department and their selection is purely based on their performance and research proposal.
- The Supervisor of the candidate in his Organization/Industry will be invited to be part of the interview panel.
- All rules and regulations provided in the PhD Ordinance are available on the institute website and other guidelines issued by the institute from time to time are applicable to Scholars under this Category.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Admission Notification and Dates 2022