Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing announces Admission to PhD Program 2022 January Session, Fill Application Form Now
IIITDM PhD Admission – Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) Kancheepuram, Chennai invites online applications for admission to Ph.D Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session commencing in January 2022.
Interested candidates can check the details on IIITDM PhD Admission 2022 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till December 02, 2021.
- The Institute offers Ph.D. programs in the disciplines of:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- English and Interdisciplinary Product Design
IIITDM PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Portal for submission of online application along with requisite fees Open : 13th November 2021
- Last Date for submission of online application with requisite fee amount : 02nd December 2021
- Tentative dates of test/interview through online (for short listed candidates)
- Computer Science and Engineering : 14th December 2021
- Physics : 14th December 2021
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) : 15th December 2021
- Mechanical Engineering : 16th December 2021
- Mathematics : 15th December 2021
- Interdisciplinary Design : 17th December 2021
- Announcement of selected candidates on website (www.iiitdm.ac.in) : 23rd December 2021
- Payment of fee and confirmation of admission (Selected candidates need to submit/send their acceptance together with the fees for the first semester : 24th to 31st December 2021
- Commencement of classes : 03rd January 2022
- Orientation for PhD – Jan 2022 Session : 05th January 2022
IIITDM PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree):
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- BE/B.Tech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale / 80% marks or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and have a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with an excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology or 5 year integrated Masters with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences/Arts with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM/DAE-JEST or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under External category
- The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for Regular (full time) category.
Education qualification for admission to PhD program in different departments/discipline
- An applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. program of the Institute.
- Computer Science and Engineering : Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering /Information Technology. (Candidates with only MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) : Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering /
- Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area relevant to the research
- Mechanical Engineering : Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Thermal Engineering / Aerospace Engineering /Automobile Engineering / Energy Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Instrumentation / Maintenance Management /Metallurgical Engineering / Production / Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics.
- Mathematics : Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science.
- Physics : M. Sc in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Material Science/Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M. Tech in Solid State Technology / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Interdisciplinary Design : Master’s (ME /M.Tech. /M.Des. /M. Arch./MBA) or equivalent in any discipline
- MS / M.Sc. or equivalent in any Science discipline with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM /DAE-JEST.
IIITDM PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Interested candidates can apply online in the link provided in the institute website http://iiitdm.ac.in/
- The candidates are also required to upload the scanned copy self-attested documents.
- Only online application is accepted and the candidates are advised to take a print of their application and keep the same for the record.
- For GN/OBC-NC/EWS Male : Rs.250/-
- For GN/OBC-NC/EWS Female : 125/-
- For SC/ST & PwD Male : Rs.125/-
- For SC/ST & PwD Female : Rs.125/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect
- a) Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for a test/ interview. GATE qualified candidates shall be given preference in the admission.
- Selection will be purely based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and/or interview.
For EXTERNAL Category
- External candidates are required to submit detailed research proposal along with their application indicating therein a Supervisor available for guidance in the parent Organization/Industry.
- The proposal should have been approved by the research Organization/Industry in which the candidate is employed.
- The Organization/Industry should be allowing the candidate to carry out the research where he/she is employed.
- The proposal will be scrutinized by the respective Dept. before shortlisting for an interview.
- Candidates are required to attend interviews conducted by the respective Department and their selection is purely based on their performance and research proposal.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website