Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 - Dates, Eligibility, Application
Tezpur University announces PhD Admission 2019 (Spring Semester)
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 - Tezpur University, a Central University based in Tezpur, Assam, has released PhD Admission Notification for the academic year 2019-20
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates having valid UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR NET/JRF, DBT-JRF, ICAR-NET, ICMR-JRF and GATE for admission into the PhD Program (Spring Semester - 2019) in the following departments of Tezpur University.
The admission is available in the following categories:Tezpur University PhD admission are based on University Entrance Examinations; Admission based on All India Ranking (AIR/CRL) of JEE (Main); Direct Admission; and PhD Program Category
18 subjects are offered for PhD Programs. Candidates will be admitted on the basis of the performance in the written test and personal interview.
Also See : Phd Admissions
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 Dates
- Date of Display of Online Application Form on the Website: 05th November 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Online Applications: 22nd November 2018
- Date of Personal Interview in the concerned Department: 14th December 2018
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 - Subject offered for Spring Semester
- The eligible candidates having valid UGC/CSIR JRF for admission to the PhD Program (Spring Semester) - 2019 in the following:
Name of the Depts.
- Business Administration, Chemical Sciences, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics And Communication Engineering, Energy, Environmental Science, English & Foreign Languages, Food Engineering & Technology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physics and Sociology
Prerequisite & Area of research for admission in to various disciplines of PhD Programs (Spring Semester 2019):
- UGC eligibility criteria in the Prospectus may be referred to
- Pre-requisites and area of research
- Name of Dept.: Chemical Sciences
- Prerequisite: M.Sc. in all branches of Chemical Science/ Physics/Nanoscience/ Material Science/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Science
- M.E./M.Tech. in Allied subjects (Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering etc.); B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering, etc. with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade
- PhD Research Areas: Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Nanocomposite, Catalysis, Theoretical and Drug Design, Organic Synthesis, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Computational Inorganic/ Organometallic Chemistry, Chemical Sensor & Biosensor, Catalysis, Organic Synthesis, Green Chemistry, Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Name of Dept.: Food Engineering & Technology
- Prerequisite: M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.E. in Food Technology/Food Processing Technology/ Food Science and Technology / Food and Nutrition / Microbiology / Food Microbiology / Biochemistry / Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Food Engineering/ Applied Microbiology/ Dairy Engineering/ Food Biotechnology Engineering
- PhD Research Areas: Rice Science and Technology, Product Development; Food Biochemistry and Food Quality, Fermented Foods; Food Materials Engineering, Food Design; Process and Food Engineering, Fruits and Vegetable Processing and Machineries, Non-Thermal Processing; Nano Composite, Functional Food, Biosensors; Food Packaging
- Name of Dept.: Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Prerequisite: Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary or Engineering Sciences / Medical Sciences or in any allied field. B. Tech./ B. E. degree with 80% marks in CGPA (with GATE score > 90.00 percentile) in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/ Bioinformatics or any allied field. MBBS or BVSc. degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic record will be preferred
- PhD Research Areas: Cancer Genetic & Chemoprevention, Drug Development, Snake Venom, Microbial biotechnology, Immunology and Immunogenetics, Scientific validation of traditional medicine, Plant Pathogen Interaction, Nanobiotechnology, Environmental Biology, Computational Biophysics, Insulin resistance and type-2 Diabetes, Computational Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
Eligibility Criteria for Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019
- PhD in Cultural Studies: M. A. in any of the disciplines in Humanities or Social Sciences with a uniformly good academic career. Candidates with UGC JRF, UGC NET or NE SET will be given preference
- PhD in Education: Post Graduate in Education or in any allied discipline/ subjects with 55% marks.
- PhD in English and Foreign Languages: M.A. in English (specialization may be in Literature, English Language Teaching or Linguistics); M.A. in Linguistics
- PhD in Hindi: M.A. in Hindi
- PhD in Mass Communication & Journalism: M.A. in Mass Communication, Mass Communication & Journalism/ Communication. Master of mass Communication (MMC). Master of Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC). Master of Science in Communication (M.S. Communication). M.Sc. Communication. Master of Journalism
- PhD in Sociology: Post-Graduation in Sociology / Cultural Studies/Anthropology (with specialization in Social Anthropology)/Economics/ History/Political Science / Philosophy / Mass Communication /English/ Law / Management/ Social Work
- PhD in Chemical Sciences: M.Sc. in all branches of Chemical Science/ Physics/Nanoscience/Material Science/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Science M.E./M.Tech. in allied subjects (Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering etc.);
- PhD in Environmental Science: Masters in any Science/ Applied Science / Engineering discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. At Bachelor’s level the candidate must have attended Science / Technology Program
- PhD in Mathematical Sciences: M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/Computational Seismology/Economics with requisite background in Mathematics
- PhD in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary Sciences/Engineering Sciences / Medical Sciences or in any allied field. B. Tech./ B. E. degree with 80% marks or equivalent CGPA (with GATE score > 90.00 percentile) in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/ Bioinformatics or any allied field. MBBS or BVSc. degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic record will be preferred.
- PhD Physics: M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Geophysics/ Material Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science. M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Material/ Material Science/ Electronics/Energy/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences or; B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA
- PhD in Computer Science & Engineering: M.Tech. in Computer Science/ I.T./Electronics. M.Sc. in Computer Science/ I.T./ MCA.B.E./B.Tech. with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid GATE Score and Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/University from where B.E./B.Tech degree was obtained
- PhD in Civil Engineering: (a) M.E./M.Tech. /M.Sc. (Engg.) in Civil Engg. or allied areas or (b) M.Sc. in relevant discipline with minimum 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or (c) B.E./B.Tech with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score. Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/University from where B.E./B.Tech degree was obtained.
- PhD in Electronics & Communication Technology: M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / M.S. in Electronics/ Communication/ Electronics Design/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microwave/ Biomedical/Bioelectronics/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology MCA with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in bachelor’s degree, MBBS with MD/ MS degree
- PhD in Energy: M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree in Energy Technology/ Energy Management/Energy related Engineering and Technology/ Physics/ Chemistry/Agriculture Allied subjects
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering: M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. (Engg.) in Mechanical Engg. or allied areas. (i) B.E. / B.Tech. with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score (ii) Minimum two recommendation letters from the Institution/ University from where B.E./B.Tech. was obtained
- PhD in Business Administration: M.B.A., M.Com., M.A. / M.Sc. in Economics, M.A. in Psychology/ Sociology/Social Work/Cultural Studies, MCA, M.T.M. / M.T.A. FCA/ FCS/ FICWA
- Admission to all the B. Tech. Programs shall be made through the JEE Main 2019 conducted by CBSE. Out of the total seats, 60% seats are reserved for permanent residents of any of the North East States (to be filled up through the Tezpur University Counselling) and remaining 40% seats are open for filling up through the Central Counselling conducted by CSAB/JoSA
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview to be conducted by the concerned department.
General criteria as per UGC Guidelines for admission into Ph.D. Programs:
- Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their master's degree prior
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures
- Seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC (NCL) and Differently abled persons as per the Govt. of India rules. In the case of differently abled persons, a minimum of 40% permanent disabilities will only be considered
- As per the Directives of the Govt. of India, Supernumerary Seats are available in the following categories:
- Prime Minister’s special scholarship scheme for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Upto 5% of the approved seats are reserved for the widows/wards/wives of Armed Forces personnel and Ex-Servicemen as per the priorities set by Govt. of India
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019 Application process
- Candidates are required to apply online through the link www.tezuadmissions.com by paying application fee of Rs.800/- for the candidates of General and OBC category (Rs.400/- for SC ST and PWD category)
- Payment of application fee is to be made online through Debit card / Credit card or NET-banking. Candidates should read and follow the instructions available on website carefully while filing up the online application form.
- The transaction detail may be printed and preserved for later references. The submission of an Application Form will remain incomplete until the required Application Fee is transferred successfully
(A Central University), Napaam, Tezpur, Assam-784028, Phone No.: +91-3712-267007/8/9, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.tezu.ernet.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India