Tezpur University announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2021
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021 – Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admissions to Ph.D. Programme offered at Tezpur University for the academic year 2021-2022.
Interested candidates can read the post below for more details on Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021.
PhD Program Offered
- Departments under School of Sciences: Chemical Sciences, Environmental Science, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Mathematical Sciences, and Physics.
- Departments under School of Engineering: Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy, Food Engineering & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Applied Sciences.
- Departments under School of Management Sciences: Business Administration, and Commerce.
- Departments under School of Humanities and Social Sciences: English, Hindi, Mass Communication and Journalism, Sociology, and Social Work.
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Display of online application form : 06th July 2021
- Last date of submission of online application : 10th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021
- Applied Sciences : PHYSICS BRANCH:M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc. in Physics/Astrophysics/ Electronics/Geophysics/Material Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science. OR
- M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Material/ Material Science/ Electronics/ Energy/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences.
- Business Administration : M.B.A., M.Com., M.A. / M.Sc. in Economics, M.A. in Psychology/Sociology/Social Work/ Cultural Studies, MCA, M.T.M. / M.T.A. FCA/ FCS/ FICWA.
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology : Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences /Veterinary or Sciences / Engineering Sciences/Medical Sciences or in any allied field. B. Tech./ B. E. degree with 80% marks in CGPA (with GATE score > 90.00 percentile) in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/Bioinformatics or any allied field. MBBS or BVSc. Degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic records will be preferred.
- Physics : M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/Geophysics/ Material Science/Applied Mathematics/Nanoscience and Technology/Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science. M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Material/ Material Science/Electronics/Energy/Nanoscience and Technology/Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences. B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Social Work : MA in Social Work and allied Social Sciences such as Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Development Studies, Law, Public Health, Education and Management.
- Sociology : Post Graduation in Sociology /Cultural Studies/ Anthropology (with specialization in Social Anthropology) / Economics / History / Political Science / Philosophy / Mass Communication / English / Law / Management/ Social Work.
- All subject wise eligibility Criteria check on the website http://www.tezu.ernet.in/
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- The candidates are required to fill-in the application form online on the University website www.tezu.ernet.in & https://www.tezuadmissions.in
- Candidates should read and follow the instructions (that are available on the website) carefully while filling in the relevant columns of the online application form.
- Application fee : Rs.800/-
- For SC, ST and PWD category : Rs.400/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit card / Credit card or NET-banking
- The candidates will be selected by the concerned Departments for admission to PhD program based on (i) academic performance (marks of class 10 onwards), (ii) Statement of Purpose (SOP) and online questions, and (iii) Personal Interview. However, candidates with UGC-(NET/JRF)/UGC-CSIR(NET/JRF)/DBT-JRF/ICMR JRF/ICAR-NET/GATE/ SLET / M. Phil. will be required to appear in the personal Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website