NIT Agartala PhD Program Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
National Institute of Technology, Agartala announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2020 Session
NIT Agartala PhD Admission 2020 - Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission in PhD programs in the Departments of Science, Engineering, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences at NIT Agartala for January-June 2020 academic Session.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Management, Humanities & Social Sciences
Important Dates for NIT Agartala PhD Admission 2020
- Start date of online Application with fee payment: 04th November 2019
- Last date of online payment (non refundable): 21st November 2019
- Last date for submission of online Application: 27th November 2019
- Publication of short listed candidates (evening): 05th December 2019
- Written test and Interview: 07th January 2020
- Publication of list of selected candidates (evening): 10th January 2020
- Physical Admission: 13th to 15th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Agartala PhD Admission 2020
A) Candidates for admission to Ph.D Programme in Engineering Departments must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Master's Degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 point grading system or equivalent 65% of marks (CGPA x 10). Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology from a centrally funded Technical Institute with an excellent academic record and with a CGPA of at least 9.0 out of 10 point grading system or equivalent 90% of marks (CGPA x 10). Candidates must have valid GATE score tenable for the year of admission.
- Master's Degree in a relevant science discipline with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for relevant engineering discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.5 or more out of 10 point grading system or more or at least 65% of the marks. Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates.
- *** Conversion of CGPA to percentage and vice-versa will not be allowed.
B) Admission to PhD programme in Science Department must satisfy one of the following criteria:-
- Master's degree in the Sciences with a good academic record with a minimum of 65% marks (or equivalent or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point grading system) or 60% of marks (6.0 CGPA out of 10 point grading system) with a GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM tenable for the year of admission. Preference will be given to GATE/NET qualified candidates.
- Master's degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent is eligible with a good academic record with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 point grading system or equivalent or 65% of marks (CGPA x 10). Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates.
- B.Tech/ B.E degree from a centrally funded technical institute in India with a minimum CGPA of 9.0 in a 10.0 point scale or equivalent of 90% (CGPA x 10) of marks with a valid GATE score
C) Admission to PhD programme in Humanities & Social Sciences under the Department of Management, Humanities & Social Sciences:-
- Scholars for admission to the Ph.D. program in Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) must have a Masters degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 65% marks or equivalent or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point grading system or 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA out of 10 (CGPA x 10) with a UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM tenable for the year of admission. The relevant discipline of research will be English / Economics / Rural Management & Development. Preference will be given to NET qualified candidates.
D) Admission to PhD programme in Management under the Department of Management, Humanities & Social Sciences:-
- MBA/P.G. Diploma in Management of 2-year duration with 65% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale (CGPA x 10). Preference will be given to GATE / NET qualified candidates.
- *** Conversion of CGPA to percentage and vice-versa will not be allowed.
- Institute Employees/Research Scholars under External Registration / Research scholars working under part-time category
- For Research Scholars of this categories, the minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed in A to D above for admission to the Ph.D. program in the respective categories. However, GATE score or CSIR / UGC JRF or Lectureship / NBHM / JMET / CAT / AIMA or equivalent qualification as applicable for regular full time research scholars may not be required in these cases.
Admission to PhD programme for foreign scholars:-
- Foreign nationals can only register as regular full time scholars. Foreign nationals with degree from Indian Universities will be treated at par with Indian nationals for admission purposes. Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements as given in A to D above and equivalent to an Indian Master's degree in the relevant disciplines. In addition, they should have a valid GRE/ GMAT /GATE /JMET /CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ UGC or CSIR NET and a score in TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent examination.
- On Submission of online application the candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions will be shortlisted. The short listed candidates will be required to report for the written test and interview to the concerned department.
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidates in the written test and interview and availability of seats.
NIT Agartala PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- The candidates applying online for admission in Ph.D programme for January-June, 2020 academic session will be required to pay a non refundable fee of Rs. 500/- (for OP/OBC/EWS) and Rs. 300/- (for SC/ST) through online payment portal of NIT Agartala.
- All applicants must apply online https://mis.nita.ac.in/PHD
- Multiple programmes may be applied be the applicant. Separate registration and Application fee is required for each programme.
- After registration, Application ID (to be used as login name) with Password will be sent to the email ID provided by the applicant.
- Using the login credential, applicants must login to the Admission Portal for form filling.
- Application fees must be paid only by online payment portal from this site.
- After completion and submission of the online form, filled in form in PDF format will be generated.
- On the day of the Interview and or written test, the shortlisted candidates should bring a printed copy of the on-line filled-in form along with all the original of the necessary documents (to support all educational qualifications, date of birth, category, GATE/NET score and if any etc.) and a set of photocopy of all such documents, duly self attested.
- The exact time and venue for PhD interview will be notified along with the list of the shortlisted candidates.
For more details visit the institute website www.nita.ac.in
National Institute of Technology, (Office of the Dean Academic) Agartala Barjala, Jirania, West Tripura, Tripura-799055, Phone: 03812546629, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.nita.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India