NIT Nagaland PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
National Institute of Technology Nagaland announce Admission to PhD Program 2020
NIT Nagaland Ph.D Admission 2020 - Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to Ph.D. Programme (Full Time / Part Time) in the disciplines of EEE, ECE, CSE, EIE, ME, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English programme for the academic session 2020.
- The Departments and areas in which these Programme will be offered are:
- Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and Humanities
NIT Nagaland PhD Admissions 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of duly filled application is 22nd November 2019 by 4.00 p.m.
- Shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the institute website on 26th November 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Nagaland PhD Admissions 2020
For PhD Programme in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering /Technology/ MS by Research in Engineering / 5 year integrated Masters/ Dual Degree in Engg or BS+MS (5-year integrated course) from CFTI in a relevant area specified above with a minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates). Or
- M.Sc. (with valid GATE score) from any Recognized University / Institute with a minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates)
For PhD Programme in Science and Humanities
- Master’s degree in Science/Humanities/ME/M.Tech or MS by Research in Engineering/ BS+MS (5-year integrated course) from CFTI or equivalent degree, with minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates)
Integrated Ph.D. Programme
- Applications are also invited from qualified candidates for admission to Integrated Ph.D. Programme in the disciplines of EEE, EIE, ECE and CSE for the above mentioned specialization/area.
For Integrated Ph.D. Programme:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent in the disciplines of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 or above (on a scale of 10) or 75 percent of marks and a valid GATE score. If the qualifying B.E. / B.Tech. degree is from an IIT / NIT or any Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with CGPA 8.5 or 80 percent of marks, then the valid GATE score requirement shall be exempted but scholarship will be provided to only to candidates with valid GATE score.
- Candidates are selected based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the Interview and / or Written Test.
- Preference will be given to the candidates with valid GATE/NET score.
- The date and time of written test/interview for shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the institute website on 26th November 2019.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
NIT Nagaland PhD Admissions 2020 Application Process
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Programme/Integrated Ph.D. Programme shall apply through the downloaded application form from the institute website https://nitnagaland.ac.in
- If anyone requires to apply for more than one specialization, he / she should apply separately for each specialization.
- Candidates can attach their academic profile, if required. Academic profile includes the following information:
- Details of publications / conference papers;
- Awards, patents, prizes etc.,;
- Other activities
- If the candidate is applying for full-time Ph.D. and he / she is employed, relieving certificate from the employer should be produced at the time of admission.
- The duly filled in application form along with enclosures and a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs.500/- for SC / ST candidates) by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of IRG, NIT Nagaland, payable at Chumukedima, Dimapur should reach the office of the Director, National Institute of Technology Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur – 797 103 on or before 22nd November 2019.
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland-797103, Contact No.: +919856041074, Email: email@example.com, Website www.nitnagaland.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India