IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad PhD and MS (Research) Admission 2020
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD) invited applications for admission to the M.S. (Research) and PhD Programs for the January Semester, 2020.
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD) is established as an autonomous institute of national importance by the Govt. of India. It is currently located inside the scenic Ahalya Integrated Campus, Kozhipara, Palakkad
- IITPKD conducts B. Tech. Programs in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science and Engineering, and is starting its M.S.(research) and PhD Programs in January
Important Dates for IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020
- Last date for submission of application online: 20th October 2019
- Test and Interview: 18th to 27th November 2019
- Selection list to appear: 04th December 2019
- Last date to issue admission letters: 06th December 2019
- Date of Joining: 30th December 2019
Area of Research
- Physics: Experiment : Low temperature Transport, Condensed Matter Physics, Biophysics, Theory: Quantum Field Theory & String Theory, Quantum Information and Computation, Quantum phase transitions, Nuclear and Stellar Astrophysics, Biophysics; Computational Physics : Soft condensed Matter, Nuclear and Stellar Astrophysics
- Chemistry: Chemical Biology and Bio-organic Chemistry, Supramolecular Self-assembly and Material Chemistry, Biophysical Chemistry and Fluorescence Spectroscopy.
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Building Materials and structural systems, Transportation Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Geotechnical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Linguistics, English
- Mechanical Engineering: Solid Mechanics and Design, Contact Mechanics, Robotics and Motion Control, Underwater and Mobile Robots, Experimental and numerical heat transfer analysis of energy systems, Combustion/Propulsion
- Electrical Engineering: a. Communication and signal processing, b. Power System Engineering, c. Measurements and Instrumentation Measurements, sensor design, signal conditioning circuits, embedded systems in instrumentation and measurement, direct digital converters for resistive, capacitive and inductive sensors, d. Control and robotics, e. RF and Microwave, f. Digital VLSI Design, g. Nanoelectronics, Plasmonics & Semiconductor Devices Research, broadly, in semiconductor devices, modeling, fabrication and characterisation, nanoelectronics, plasmonics/optoelectronics.
- Computer Science and Engineering: Computer Architecture, Compiler, Applied Cryptography and Artificial Intelligence, Multicore architecture, intelligent systems, hardware cryptography
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the Institute are as follows:
- Candidates with a Master's degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record or a Master's degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record
- Candidates with Master's degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline. They should have a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. in Sciences
- Master's degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area. Master's degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master's degree in an eligible discipline with a good academic record or equivalent and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR- NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Master’s degree in Science with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. (The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil,
- Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), The Aeronautical society of India, The Indian Institute of Metals, The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, The Institute of Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering and other professional bodies approved by the Senate from time to time.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates) are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE score, to the MS Programme and they can be offered HTRA, if selected.
Selection Procedure for IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria setfrom time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committee.
- For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test .
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission.
- Assistance will be as per MHRD norms. Fulltime Scholars admitted to Ph.D. and M.S. programmes are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) for which:
- They should work for 8 hours per week for the Institute to earn this assistantship. The work would normally involve assistance in teaching/research, and will be assigned by the Institute.
- Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the discharge of responsibility as teaching/ research assistant.
- Other scholarships like UGC- JRF, CSIR-JRF, ICMR, ICAR & AICTE etc. may also be available for those who have qualified for these schemes and get admission and the amount of fellowship will be as per the norms of the funding agency.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservations are applicable to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS/PwD candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admissions 2020 Application Process
- Please read the instructions given in the admission brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- Online application form is available at the Institute website iitpkd.ac.in. After filling the form, please take a printout and keep it for records.
- GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Male candidates : Rs.100/-
- GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Female candidates : Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.50/-
- Application Fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates called for interview must bring with them a printed copy of the application that they submitted online along with originals and photocopies of the relevant certificates.
- A candidate can apply to more than one department. The maximum number of departments to which he/she can apply will be three.
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Ahalia Integrated Campus, Kozhippara P.O. Palakkad, Kerala Pin: 678557, Phone: 04923 226 300 (Office), 04923226586, 04923 226577, Email: email@example.com, website iitpkd.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India