Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Palakkad announces PhD and MS (Research) Admission 2021 (July Session)
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD) invites applications for admission to the M.S. (Research) and PhD Programs for the academic session beginning in July 2021
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Advertisement to Appear: 07th April 2021
- Application Portal Opens: 09th April 2021
- Last date for submission of application online: 04th May 2021
- Shortlist to appear on or before: May 25th, 2021
- Statement of purpose (SOP) to be submitted on or before: May 30th, 2021
- Interview dates during: June 07th to June 28th, 2021
- Selection list to appear: July 08th, 2021
- Last date to issue admission letters: July 15th, 2021
- Date of Admission: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admission 2021
Eligibility for Doctoral Program
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. program of the Institute are as follows:
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline. They should have a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. In Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area. Master’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) 1 with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in an eligible discipline with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) and having a valid UGC-NET qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Eligibility for M.S.(Research) Program
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Master‟s degree in Science with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates) are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE score, to the MS Programme and they can be offered HTRA, if selected.
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.iitpkd.ac.in. & https://resap.iitpkd.ac.in/
- Online application form is available at the Institute website iitpkd.ac.in. After filling the form, please take a printout and keep it for records.
- A valid OBC-NCL /EWS certificate must be uploaded with the Online application and submitted at the time of admission
- Candidates called for an interview must bring with them a printed copy of the application that they submitted online along with originals and photocopies of the relevant certificates.
- Candidates are advised Please read the instructions given in the admission brochure carefully before filling up the application form are available in the University website
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Male Candidates – Rs.100/-
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Female Candidates – Rs.50/-
- For SC/ST and PwD candidates – Rs.50/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Card / Credit Card / ATM cards / Online Banking
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set from time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committee.
- For candidates who have obtained a PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website