IIT Indore PhD Program Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology Indore announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2020 - IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented applicants for admission to the PhD Program in the following specializations of different disciplines and areas of specialisation:
Disciplines of Engineering:
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Civil Engineering (CE), Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science (MEMS), Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE), Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering (AASE)
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date of online applications for Electrical Engineering for Indian Applicants: 30th October 2019/International Applicants: 18th October 2019
- Last date of online applications for Computer Science and Engineering for Indian Applicants: 14th November 2019/International Applicants: 14th November 2019
- Last date of online applications for Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering for Indian Applicants: 20 October 2019/International Applicants: 20 October 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Indore PhD Admission 2020
- Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Qualifying Examination (QE) for Indian applicants:
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Engineering/ Technology (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) AND GATE qualification, OR
- Four-year Bachelors’ degree OR five-year integrated degree in the relevant discipline of engineering (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) AND valid GATE qualification, OR
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Science (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) and valid GATE qualification OR UGC/CSIR-JRFqualification OR Equivalent Fellowship.OR
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Science (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) with UGC-NET (Lecturership) And valid GATE qualification.
Categories of Admission:
- FA (Fellowship Awardee): Fellowship Awardees from the funding agencies such as CSIR, UGC, NBHM, DST etc., OR JRF/ SRF project staff working in a sponsored research project under a faculty member, PI of the project, of IIT Indore. The scholarship will be as per the rules of the concerned funding agency.
- TA (Teaching Assistantship): Institute Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines.
- SW (Sponsored WITHOUT Institute scholarship): For applicants sponsored from a highly reputed R & D organization or Industry. [After completion of required coursework, either on a Full Time (SWF) or Part Time (SWP) basis, with the approval of the competent authority]
- IS (Institute Staff): Only for regular staff members of IIT Indore (on a Part Time basis).
- DF (Defense Forces): Serving personnel of defense forces WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
- CT (College Teacher): Permanent Employee of the sponsoring College/Institute/University WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute.
- The selection procedure would be an interview (in-person or over video conference) for the shortlisted applicants. Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letter of Recommendation (LOR) must be submitted by the applicant before the interview.
- There would be no specific scholarship offered as part of the program.
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
For Indian Applicants:
- Applicants must apply ONLINE through website http://academic.iiti.ac.in/. A unique application number will be assigned for each applicant.
- After submitting the application online, the eligible applicant has to bring the signed hard-copy of the application along with State Bank Collect receipt, recent photograph, self- attested copy of the relevant certificates, additional forms Appendix-I to IV (for SW/ IS/ DF applicants along with last 3 months salary slip and Employer's PAN card) at the time of Written Test / Interview.
- In case an applicant wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate application must be filled for each discipline.
Common Application Portal [for International Applicants]:
- International applicants may refer to the web link of Study in India https://www.studyinindia.gov.in and Academic web page of IIT Indore https://academic.iiti.ac.in/ for admission in PG/ PhD Programs.
- Definition of International Applicant: Anyone who is not a citizen of India will be considered as an international applicant for the purpose of admission.
- Applicants must apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in/). A unique application number will be assigned for each applicant.
- After Submitting the application online, the eligible applicant must send the signed hard-copy of the application along with application fee receipt, recent photograph, self-attested copies of relevant certificates, valid GATE/ GRE and TOEFL score card (as applicable) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) to the concerned discipline.
- For Indian applicants: 100/- Indian Rupees (non-refundable) to be paid through State Bank Collect. Click here for Payment
- For International application: Payment of application fee of US $ 30 (non-refundable) through RTGS Click here for account details
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!