CSIR IMTECH Chandigarh PhD Admission 2020 Notification, Dates, Application
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) Chandigarh Admission to PhD. Program 2020 (January Session)
CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh PhD Admissions 2020 - Council of Scientific & Industrial Research - Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), Chandigarh announces admission to PhD. Program for the year 2020 (January Session).
Detail for IMTECH
- Director, Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), invites exceptionally motivated candidates for pursuing doctoral research at IMTECH under the aegis of Ph.D. degree program being jointly run by IMTECH and Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi.
- The last date for submitting the application is 24th October, 2019.
See: PhD Admission
Major Thrust Areas
- The major thrust areas of the institute are Antibiotic drug discovery, Virology, Microbiome and Bio-therapeutics. During this intake, openings may be available in the areas which involves following:
- (a) Molecular Biology: Molecular biology of pathogens, antimicrobial research, gene silencing, stress tolerance, signal transduction, gene expression, genome-wide analysis, diagnostics and clinical markers using Nanotechnology, molecular glycobiology
- (b) Cell Biology & Immunology: Host- pathogen interactions, protein trafficking, molecular immunology, animal biotechnology
- (c) Protein Science & Engineering: Structure-function relationships, Protein design, folding, engineering, stability, expression, structure determination of proteins and structure-based drug designing etc.
- (d) Applied & Environmental Microbiology: Genetic engineering of microbes, Microbial diversity and their metabolites
- (e) Bioinformatics: Computer-aided drug development, genome annotations, protein structure prediction, molecular simulations, data analytics, system biology
- (f) Medicinal Chemistry: Design and synthesis of small molecules and analogs, natural products synthesis and their designed analogs, natural product discovery, discovery of new synthetic strategies and technologies
- (g) Biochemical Engineering: Fermentation & downstream processing, Biotherapeutics and vaccine, process development and optimization, scale up.
- Candidates with Master's Degree (M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm) with minimum aggregate of 55% marks or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Life sciences / Biotechnology / Physics / Chemistry / Computer Sciences or allied subject with special interest in Biology OR B.Tech (in Information Technology/Computer Sciences/ Biological Sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology) / B.Pharm / B.E. / MBBS candidates with at least 55 % (or equivalent in CGPA) may apply.
- B.Tech/B.Pharm/BE students who fulfill the condition for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.res.in/jrfgate.pdf) are also eligible. The minimum aggregate of marks in case of SC/ST/Differently-abled candidates are 50%.
- Candidates also need to have any of the valid research fellowships such as CSIR/UGC NET or DBT JRF examination (‘A’ Category) or DST INSPIRE Fellowship or ICMR JRF examination or other equivalent fellowship.
- Please note that valid proofs, of Fellowship examinations, and Masters’/ Bachelor’s degree or those awaiting for their final results, are mandatory for appearing in the interview. Those coming for interview must be prepared to be present in Chandigarh for two days, which is the approximate time required to finalize the admission.
- No TA/DA or any other expenses will be paid for appearing in the interview. Candidates must also state their present occupation, if any, before the interview; any concealment may result in cancellation of admission at any stage.
- The eligible candidates will be called for interview at IMTECH, Chandigarh. The interview will be aimed at assessing the candidate’s knowledge, critical analysis, logical reasoning and aptitude for scientific research.
- The result of the selected candidates will be declared on AcSIR website.
- The fee for Ph.D. program is as per AcSIR fee structure. Currently, per semester fee is Rs. 7,000/- and thesis submission fees is Rs. 5,000/-.
- The application should be submitted online at http://acsir.res.in. The last date for submitting the application is 24th October 2019.
- Any questions pertaining to admission may be enquired at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research - Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, Sector 39-A, Chandigarh-160036, website www.imtech.res.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India